Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Ok- I've been seeing unlock services charging all across the board for codes- I've also ... BlackBerry Curve forum

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59

Advertisement

Ok- I've been seeing unlock services charging all across the board for codes- I've also seen that they ask more for T-Mobile codes (sometimes twice as much) than for AT&T...
    WHY?
    What am I missing here? If it's dependent on the IMEI, what does the carrier have to do with it? I've emailed a couple of these services and asked but get no response- it's too bad too because I actually have cash in hand and a few devices to unlock, both T-mobile and AT&T, but I want to know what the difference is. Can somebody clue me in?

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjay79 View Post
    ATT is the same. If you have had service for over 90 days they will give you the unlock code right over the phone. My question is now that my phone is unlocked, what do I have to do in order to use it in London.
    I recently got a curve 8310 that was locked and I have T-Mobile. I called AT&T and they emailed me an unlock code the next day. I don't have service with them and they did it for free.

I did have service with them about 8 or 9 years ago.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    Quote Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
    Ok- I've been seeing unlock services charging all across the board for codes- I've also seen that they ask more for T-Mobile codes (sometimes twice as much) than for AT&T...
    WHY?
    What am I missing here? If it's dependent on the IMEI, what does the carrier have to do with it? I've emailed a couple of these services and asked but get no response- it's too bad too because I actually have cash in hand and a few devices to unlock, both T-mobile and AT&T, but I want to know what the difference is. Can somebody clue me in?
    Just a quick bump because I really want to know why the big difference in price and I've gotten nowhere with the unlocking services in getting an answer on this.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    I would like to know as well, have a buddy working on this with TM now. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

firebird102085 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I Am Having The Same Problem I Found This Curve And I Have Checked With Tmob. And It's Not Reported Nor Stolen And After Talking W/tmob They Will Unlock Only If A Customer Has Had An Acct For 90days. Are There Any Free Sights That Provide Unlock Codes For Free Or A Really Small Fee. I Don't Have To Much To Spend On It. I Am An Att Customer.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ATT will do it for you if you are already a customer. I had one done the other day for my sister. Call cust. svc and ask them for technical support for bb. They can transfer you to someone who can do it and give you the info immediately! Any issues PM or email me. This CAN be done, just rememeber you get more bees with honey than vinager, so be super nice to the c/s rep and you can get it today!
    Hope this helps and feel free to PM me with issues. . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

the problem is the phone is registered to tmobile...when i called att they said that i need to go to tmobile to do it....is it a matter of policy that they won't unlock it or can they really not unlock it.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Now that may be true. I know someone here on PS who can help, let me try to get a hold of him.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

no problem thank you i appreciate it.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    talking to someone now, don't give up!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Sorry man, but unless you have a friend who uses TM and can request it for you, then you are prob gonna have to go somewhere like this:

http://store.gsmphonesource.com/reunbyimfort.html

Sorry I could not be more help. Let me know what you do and if I ever hear from my other TM contact I will let you know. Hope this helps . . .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

thank you for your help and just a head up i would of PM'ed you but the forum makes me post so many times before i can send a PM

e-berry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I have TM.... My phone has been acting up and I think I've had it for over half a year now. Don't know if I can get a new one still or not.

But can any 90 day TM customer get a unlock code for any random TM phone?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46
    i have been with t-mobile for almost a year now, am on my 3rd 8320 and have had tmobile unlock each one for free.
    Einstein's theory of relativity. Grab hold of a hot pan, a second can seem like an hour. Put your hands on a hot woman, an hour can seem like a second. It's all relative.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Maybe one of you 2^^ can help firebird ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast