Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

umm.. I dunno if this is the right place to post this.. But I figured ... BlackBerry Curve forum

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3

Unlocking Curve to T-Mobile

Advertisement

umm.. I dunno if this is the right place to post this.. But I figured some Curve owners would maybe be able to steer me in the right direction..

But I really want a Blackberry Curve.. Its been hard for me to find any for T-Mobile without spending more than the owner is selling it for.. But I find a lot of AT&T Curves for really cheap.. So i'm wondering how easy or how hard is it to unlock the phone.. And since I have T-Mobile, would there be anything that I lose? I have myFaves, so would that mean, I wouldn't be able to change them, or have them appear on screen, and how would the internet and all that work.. Sorry if this isn't the place to post this, but could someone help, or at least point me in the right direction..

Thanks in advance..

JayR no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    SK LX

Re: Unlocking Curve to T-Mobile

Not that hard to unlock phones.. Just pay $30 http://www.unlocktotalk.com/CingularCodes.htm there and there is your code.. You should lose anything. myFaves is iffy. As long as there is some way to set your myFaves at my.t-mobile.com you wont lose out on that. Internet will work fine.

Personally, I would just buy the 8320 and bite with the money.. It'll cost you a lil extra but I know a guy thats selling one thats a week old for $315.

Good luck.

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

I did a search on eBay, "blackberry 8300 unlock" and then filtered them by "buy-it-now, lowest price first", and paid $13.99. They provided my code and instructions within about 15 hours.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

boomboom no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    retired

I have a 8100 At&T pearl, when I upgrade my plan to have my-faves, it automatically added myfaves. T-Mobile will push the service book.

Appreciate the info.. I'm going to have me a curve very soon.. Thanks..

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

If you want to get the unlock for free, find a friend that has AT&T and ask them to call in and request an unlock. I believe each line can only request one unlock per 90 days, make sure they know this also.

Request an unlock?? I have never heard of this.. Do they need to have their sim card in the phone that is going to get unlocked? Because this sounds like the best idea yet.. And do they have to give a reason as to why they are unlocking it?

All you need is the IMEI of the phone and an email address to send the code/instructions to. I can't remember if they still ask why you want it unlocked, but I'd just tell them I'm going overseas.

The cell phone shop I work at makes a lot of money off of people who don't know they can do this. We charge 35$ to 55$ for what people can, essentially, get for free. They just have to know someone that is subscribed to the phone's original provider.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 01-26-2008 at 11:38 PM.

Appreciate the help.. Now i'm definitely getting a Curve..

th577 no está en línea Stack level 3

The 8320 with Wifi is not something to miss. As long as you have a wireless router at home your phone will most likely operate VOIP. What that means is you talk and receive over wifi. The GREAT thing about that is you now have a strong signal anywhere in the house. I have an office in a basement. B/4, had a weak signal. Now it's perfect. For an extra $10 a month with T-Mo they make any of those calls free. In and Out. I skipped the extra $10, plenty of minuets already.

Quote Originally Posted by th577 View Post
    The 8320 with Wifi is not something to miss. As long as you have a wireless router at home your phone will most likely operate VOIP. What that means is you talk and receive over wifi. The GREAT thing about that is you now have a strong signal anywhere in the house. I have an office in a basement. B/4, had a weak signal. Now it's perfect. For an extra $10 a month with T-Mo they make any of those calls free. In and Out. I skipped the extra $10, plenty of minuets already.
    He says it's easier for him to get a hold of an 8310. But yes, I believe he should go for the 8320 if he could find one in his budget. It'd save him the unlocking too.

But I love me my GPS.

How would the 8320 save me on Unlocking? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PaisanNYC no está en línea Stack level 1

It would save you on unlocking because the 8320 is already locked to T-Mobile!

LOL.. Thats just ignorance on my part.. Thanks for letting me know that..

Got me the AT&T Curve!! Now I just have to go get it unlocked..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast