Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i was wondering if there were any drawbacks or anything to unlocking the curve (ie: ... BlackBerry Curve forum

two13 no está en línea Stack level 2

unlocking a curve...

Advertisement

i was wondering if there were any drawbacks or anything to unlocking the curve (ie: slower processing, glitches, anything). i might be going to canada for a couple weeks and was thinking about unlocking my curve so i can use a rogers SIM card while in canada. but i was wondering if there are any negative things that can or have happened to people when unlocking a curve, because if its one of those things that if you really dont need to then dont type things then i wouldn't. any information would be appreciated.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: unlocking a curve...

there should be no difference what so ever if you unlock it.. else from the possibility to use other carriers sim cards

now there are several versions of sim cards out there, some faster than others.. so at that point you might experience a higher accessing time or so for simcard.. but this is hardly noticable and theres pretty much no chances you'll experience it

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70

I have had all my BB's unlocked and they all still worked the same from the first day I got them. No problem or glitches from unlocked any of my BB's. You'll be fine and your BB will to. :-)

~via BB 8320 (wap.pinstack.com)~

OutsideLookinIn no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    XxxXXxxX

Quote Originally Posted by Hack173 View Post
    I have had all my BB's unlocked and they all still worked the same from the first day I got them. No problem or glitches from unlocked any of my BB's. You'll be fine and your BB will to. :-)

Hi. I'm getting my 8320 Curve this week (from ebay). I currently use a Pearl (a replacement after having problems with my original one) but have been a T-mobile customer for 7 years now. How do I get my Pearl and Curve, later on, unlocked? Do I need to notify T-mobile that I'm changing from Pearl to Curve and wait 90 days to get my unlocked code? Or can I just ask for the code once I get my Curve? Anybody had the same situation before? Thanks!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by OutsideLookinIn View Post
    Hi. I'm getting my 8320 Curve this week (from ebay). I currently use a Pearl (a replacement after having problems with my original one) but have been a T-mobile customer for 7 years now. How do I get my Pearl and Curve, later on, unlocked? Do I need to notify T-mobile that I'm changing from Pearl to Curve and wait 90 days to get my unlocked code? Or can I just ask for the code once I get my Curve? Anybody had the same situation before? Thanks!
    You can ask for a Code every 90 days. No real need to notify them about changing devices. So basically if you asked for a code within the past 90 days they won't give you one.

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Yes...got to wait the 90 day. So, if you haven't asked for a code in the last 90 days you should be good.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

I've had every phone that I own unlocked. I don't notice any lag or slow down of any kind.

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Not sure about the Curve, but I know that on my old phone I got it off eBay, and before I bought it was told that sometimes the internet and SMS texts don't work when the phone is unlocked. I took my chances and got the phone anyways. My SMS texts worked fine the entire time I used my phone, but I could never connect to the internet or send picture messages or anything like that. It was a bit frustrating.
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Quote Originally Posted by lauren25 View Post
    Not sure about the Curve, but I know that on my old phone I got it off eBay, and before I bought it was told that sometimes the internet and SMS texts don't work when the phone is unlocked. I took my chances and got the phone anyways. My SMS texts worked fine the entire time I used my phone, but I could never connect to the internet or send picture messages or anything like that. It was a bit frustrating.
    what phone was this?

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Slvr, not a BB but I don't know which phones have these unlocked problems.
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

regular mobile phones have these problems. slvr, razr, etc

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

I was told (from my trainer) that unlocking a Blackberry strips it of every feature but voice functions but then had someone else tell me no. But now if I won a New Curve my job at AT&T could I unlock it, put my T-MO sim card in it, and would the GPS work with it on a T-Mo Network
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    Quote Originally Posted by Justyn View Post
    I was told (from my trainer) that unlocking a Blackberry strips it of every feature but voice functions but then had someone else tell me no. But now if I won a New Curve my job at AT&T could I unlock it, put my T-MO sim card in it, and would the GPS work with it on a T-Mo Network
    If you won an 8310 and you unlock it yes the GPS will work. If you won a 8300 it doesn't have GPS built-in.

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Yeah I know... just wondering. Haven't won one yet
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    249E4D70

Cool! When you gonna know?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast