Every time I reboot or do a battery pull there is an IM icon that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

180kid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A1B95A

Unlocked Vendor T-Mobile 100 Theme / IM icon

Advertisement

Every time I reboot or do a battery pull there is an IM icon that appears. I am able to delete it after my BB loads. Is there a way in the blackberry.alx or by editing the OS software to eliminate this icon all together? Thanks in advance
    ~180kid

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I am with you there, I use Jive talk so Have removed every SB for IM and and still comes back, I have it at the end of the list and Ignor it, But that is a great question, I have stripped my BBs down, so i get 27. MB free on a battery pull so I am not too worried about it, I'll dig some and see what I can find. Maybe some one that knows the answer will come by too.!

OK so the AIM.ALX refers to "net_rim_bb_qm_aim.cod" ad there is a pair like this for all the IM programs. I would have to play with removing the CODs and ALXs OK on the Curve 8320 there are 29 files Starting with net_rim_bb_qm_XXX.cod, totaling 1.32mb, this might be worth stripping out too, I am at work though so i can't even try it till tonight.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 04-16-2008 at 10:52 AM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Not sure if you want to start stripping out cod files. It actally depends which icon it is. Sorry I'm mobile so I can't see your BB model.

If its the OZ instant messanger then you can delete the service book for it and then it will disappear. Although everytime you resned service books it will reappear; you're better off just hiding it if that's the culprit.

If its the actual RIM IM clients then those you can uninstall. If its just the folder then I would just hide it since it doesn't take up that much space.

Just my sugestions.

180kid no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A1B95A
    I just delete it every time I do a re-boot. Thanks for the suggestions.
    ~180kid