Unlocked T-Mo 8900 overheating with Claro sim I have an overheating issue with my T-Mobile ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Gmandese no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlocked T-Mo 8900 overheating with Claro sim

Advertisement

Unlocked T-Mo 8900 overheating with Claro sim
    I have an overheating issue with my T-Mobile 8900.
    Here's the thing.
    I lived in NYC, and I have 2 phones from Tmo, unlocked. A Nokia 5310 express music, and my Blackberry curve 8900.
    Now, I am in Brazil, and I have a sim from Claro, and I used it in my Nokia, no problem at all, but just the basic phone properties, no internet.
    I put the same sim in my Blackberry, and the BB got very hot, and the battery died in about 3 hours.
    Claro doesn't have a clue, they say my phone is broken (lol, always blame it on someone else), but I put my tmo sim back in, and it works completely normal. (although roaming, but thank god for wifi!)
    Any Ideas?
    I see the contact pattern on the 2 sims is different, but, Claro says they support this phone.
    Oh, one thing, I am running the bb os 5.0.0.314, but this is not affecting the tmo sim at all! I shut down wifi and data when I noticed this happening, but then I removed the sim before I cooked the phone.
    Tmo told me it should work without a problem.

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Does sound like a problem with the SIM itself. You said the contact pattern is different and this could very well result in a short if the contact were to hit the wrong points at the same time. I'd check into another SIM card from them, otherwise I'm not sure what you could do.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Gmandese no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks. But, the strange thing is, that the Claro sim works in my other t-mo phone, the nokia 5310, completely normal, and without a problem. My tmo sim works in the Nokia fine too, so it doesn't seem the pattern has any affect on the Nokia. And, the sim sockets would be exactly the same, I would think, for all t-mo phones.
    Claro said that they don't have a special sim for blackberry phones, so I don't have any idea what is up.
    TIM and Vivo have support for Blackberry too, I could check that out, but of course they won't just let me go into a store and pop in a sim.
    Humm, gotta think about this.