I unlocked the hidden themes using the instructions from http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html Ever since, my browser has ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lilvalval no está en línea Stack level 2

Unlocked hidden themes, now my browser is different r/o/p

Advertisement

I unlocked the hidden themes using the instructions from http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

Ever since, my browser has been different. I went to download Yahoo Messenger (which I had prior to unlocking the themes), but this time, the site you download messenger from did not detect that i was on a BB. Also, I used google a LOT to find local addresses and phone numbers. In the past, directly under the search box in google was a place to put in (and save) your location so that I didn't have to type it everytime I searched something. How did these things change and what can I do to get it back to normal?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: Unlocked hidden themes, now my browser is different r/o/p

Open you Browser and Go to Options/Browser Configuration. What does the first Line say? If it doesn't say Browser Internet. Change the setting to that. Make sure you are using the Internet Browser.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

it says media Net and I dont see a way to change it.

michaelk no está en línea Stack level 2

I unlocked the themes, but I've now lost my Rogers WAP browser and the regular BB Browser. What gives?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Go to Options/Advanced Optons/Host Routing Table and from the Menu select Register Now. You always have to re-register after loading anything related to the Core Apps. If the Register Now doesn't get your browsers back, log into your BIS Setup page and re-send your Service books.

Rcbjr.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

ok, initially my browser and medianet icons were both gone. I pulled my battery and restarted my phone and the brower icon came back HOWEVER it was using medianet instead of regular internet. Medianet is at&t's media for purchase thing....not regular handheld internet. Sooooo, I logged into BIS account and resent my service books, then restarted my phone again. Everything is back to normal! Thanks for you help! i never would have known the problem if you didn't mention checking the internet options.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcbjr
    Go to Options/Advanced Optons/Host Routing Table and from the Menu select Register Now. You always have to re-register after loading anything related to the Core Apps. If the Register Now doesn't get your browsers back, log into your BIS Setup page and re-send your Service books.

Rcbjr.

Rcbjr.
    ok....i did it the long way i guess by going to BIS and resending service books...either way...just happy I didn't majorly screw something up!

I tried resending my books, and I got my WAP browser back, but I did not get the BB Browser. I'm going to try again, and failing that, customer service is getting a call. Otherwise, the new themes are fairly cool.

And... it's back now! AWESOME. WOO. K, I need more themes now.