So I have a Curve 8300. After I unlock it can I just put in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Texas512 no está en línea Stack level 3

Unlocked AT&T Curve on T-Mobile Questions

Advertisement

So I have a Curve 8300. After I unlock it can I just put in my Tmo sim and start calling? Can I still use a data plan? Is there a way to get Tmo's Zen theme? Thanks in Advance!

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Yes the service books will be sent to the curve. I have a 8300 on TMO and I got it unlocked and put my sim in and it worked just fine.
    http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com
    Unlock Codes, Parts, Repair just tell them Albert sent ya

Quote Originally Posted by coldconfessi View Post
    Yes the service books will be sent to the curve. I have a 8300 on TMO and I got it unlocked and put my sim in and it worked just fine.
    Cool, can I use a data plan from tmo?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you use a SIM from T-Mo essentially everything, feature-wise, you use will be from the T-Mo selection. (Of course you can use any OS for YOUR device but that's another issue.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

warren2781 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    You can use it fine as long *** you have a data plan with tmo, for the tmo zen theme you will have to unlock it first to be able to use it. there is a tutorial on how to unlock vendor themes around the forums. Good luck!

Thanks for your answers. Im still waiting around for my unlock code..

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    When I used the 8300 unlocked on TMO with the ATT OS, the browser would not work, I had to use an OS from O2. So be forewarned you may need to use a different OS.

Will the Tmo OS Work?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    It might, I wouldn't really recommend using the 8320 OS on the 8300, but I haven't tried it, since I switched to the 8320 as soon as it came out.

swoogie2003 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2179D245
    yes you can cause i have done it, but you just cant put any insurance on it thru tmobile

side pocket kid no está en línea Stack level 1
    i just bought a 8310 curve originally meant for ATT, but its unlocked and im on tmobile...using the blackberry plan...everything works fine and dandy, even the GPS.

the mobile OS will not work, because thats meant for the 8320. the att OS works just fine.

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by swoogie2003 View Post
    yes you can cause i have done it, but you just cant put any insurance on it thru tmobile
    Actually... if you already are a TMO customer and already had insurance on a phone on your TMO account, swapping the SIM to a new phone (and continuing to pay for the Assurion Insurance) will keep your insurance valid on the new phone, even if it is an unlocked phone from a different provider.

I just did this... switching out my TMO 8100 and acquiring an unlocked AT&T Curve 8310. I checked with TMO Cust Care who conferenced in Assurion Cust Support and they agreed that as I had put the TMO insurance on my new line with new 8100 in the first 14 days of service, the unlocked 8310 would still be covered.

/BD

bikedogrun no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by side pocket kid View Post
    the mobile OS will not work, because thats meant for the 8320. the att OS works just fine.
    You definitely cannot use an OS meant for a different Blackberry model (say an 8320 OS on an 8300) but you can use any 8300 version of the OS, the targeted provider that released that specific version is irrelevant... they all come from RIM anyway.

/BD