is it worth it to get one now or just wait until feb 18th? I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jprincipe no está en línea Stack level 2

unlocked 8900 on t mobile

Advertisement

is it worth it to get one now or just wait until feb 18th? I going to europe feb 1st and wanted a new bb (storm didnt cut it for me) but I wanted the UMA feature. Hmmm. Any suggestions?

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    You could always get the 8320 and probably for a real reasonable price. Then worry about the 8900 when you get back.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Concept Guest
    I don't think it would be reasonable since you're only talking about a few weeks. If you are going to Europe in Feb, no sense in trying to buy the phone over there if you already have a curve with UMA now. Might as well look at it, play with it and do all the sort of stuff when you do see it first hand in Europe but wait until you come back to actually get it. This way you can get it for the contract extension price or at least have the option to do so if you're gonna stick with TMO.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I must agree with Concept on this one - good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    ...................no sense in trying to buy the phone over there if you already have a curve with UMA now............
    I think we're all in agreement. I missed the part where he said he already had a 8320 with wi-fi so I suggested that he get one. He didn't say that he had anything, did he?
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I must agree with Concept on this one - good points.
    I was trying to suggest that he wait until he gets back to buy the phone.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I think we're all in agreement. I missed the part where he said he already had a 8320 with wi-fi so I suggested that he get one. He didn't say that he had anything, did he?

I was trying to suggest that he wait until he gets back to buy the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    I don't think it would be reasonable since you're only talking about a few weeks. If you are going to Europe in Feb, no sense in trying to buy the phone over there if you already have a curve with UMA now. Might as well look at it, play with it and do all the sort of stuff when you do see it first hand in Europe but wait until you come back to actually get it. This way you can get it for the contract extension price or at least have the option to do so if you're gonna stick with TMO.
    Im pretty sure he meant : no point in buying an 8320 now then buying an unlocked 8900.
    I agree in the sense that "what if" he drops the 8320 and cant return it.
    "what if" he looses it
    "what if" etc...
    Then hes stuck with it.

Go to Europe, try the 8900 and at that point either buy it there or get the 8320 here

OK. I'm one of those (current CDMA - 8330) users who is "stuck" with the 8320 from my previous (GSM) carrier and I like it. It's a spare phone and browswer that I use quite a lot.

My suggestion to buy the 8320 was based on the assumption that he could find a used, unlocked one for cheap and keep it when he got back while he continues to consider the 8900. There are SO MANY ways to go about this issue I guess we're all right for us - he just has to decide which is "right" for him.