Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have seen a few threads over this issue, but i thought i t would ... BlackBerry Curve forum

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Question Unlocked 8320 Users

Advertisement

I have seen a few threads over this issue, but i thought i t would be very critical to anyone having this issue that i am having to know how to fix it. I am on ATT and unlocked the 8320 , but to no avail have the ability to send or receive any mms messages.

Is there anyone with a unlocked 8320 preferably on ATT that has this issue or has fixed it?
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Unlocked 8320 Users

Sorry I couldn't help you bro, I'm thinking it's a service book issue. Just like when we have the 8300 curve on tmo.. the browser service book wont push.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

yeah i've been talking to as few people to see if we could solve this issue and it looks like anyone using the t-mobile curve on another carrier is having that problem, try loading the at&t software for the 8310. that might work, but i don't know if it will mess anything up...it's kind of at your own risk

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

That actually sounds like a decent remedy jonny... but, i'm deathly afraid to be the guy to try it

I too, have the unlocked TMo on ATT, and it p*sses me off royally not to have that functionality - - although, it certainly isn't a deal breaker for me at this point. I can email pics to most that must have what I want to send.

I have been sent the MMS service books in an .ipd backup file format, but cannot get them to move over in the DM software to the device database side of the window... pretty frustrating.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

yeah I am with jscottbarnes on that one. i restored it suing someone elses service books and just got their email service books, but no mms ones. I have thought about the 8310 os on my device. If it doesnt work i can always install the tmo one back on there..I guess i will be thje guinea pig to try it out later. i get off of work at 515 pacific time and will go straight home to try it out.

I will let you guys know unless someone else does it before me

PIN/ID
    No-More

thx harry... keep us posted and our collective fingers are crossed for ya - - -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

no problemo..if not jscoot owes me a new 8320 lol

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~anyone have any luck

downloading os now

I'm having a hard trouble trying to install 8310 os on the 8320 dmw ill not recognize

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

i dont know why but im not having a problem with this at all. i used gsmphonesource to unlock it. everything works seamless. the only issue at all. a couple of times when i go to send a pic. ill see the red x and it will take a few times but it sends eventually. and that only happens very seldom. but the pics are deliverd and recieved with no problem

we do not even have the option to send mms

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Add me to the list of unlocked 8320's. T-Mobile was super fast getting me the unlock code in 1 day.

Here are the directiosn they gave me.

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Blackberry Curve device.

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to and select Manage Connections.
    3. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    4. Press the red end key or the Escape key to go back to the Home screen 5. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    6. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
    7. Scroll to and select SIM Card.
    8. Type MEPD
    Note: When typing in MEPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    9. Hold down the Alt key and type in MEP2.
    Note: When typing in MEP2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen. This Step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    10. Enter the unlock code.
    11. Press the trackball (code accepted should display) 12. Press and hold the red End key to turn the handheld off and then back on.
    13. Once the device has powered on, follow steps 1 & 2 and select Restore Connections.

Thank You,
    Sim Unlock Department
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.

PIN/ID
    No-More

What network are u on Krad... i'm guessing TMo as they sent u a code, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX
    i dont know why but im not having a problem with this at all. i used gsmphonesource to unlock it. everything works seamless. the only issue at all. a couple of times when i go to send a pic. ill see the red x and it will take a few times but it sends eventually. and that only happens very seldom. but the pics are deliverd and recieved with no problem
    So u are talkin about MMS msgs and not sending the pics via email right? we can all email them, but, don't have the option to even create an MMS msg

What network are u on?
    Last edited by jscottbarnes; 10-01-2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Automerged.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    What network are u on Krad... i'm guessing TMo as they sent u a code, huh?

So u are talkin about MMS msgs and not sending the pics via email right? we can all email them, but, don't have the option to even create an MMS msg

What network are u on?
    Yeah I am on t-mobile, and I have unlocked all my t-mobile devices. This is a major reason why I choose to stick by t-mobile. With UMA I have no dead spots anymore, which they were rare to begin with in the tri-state area.

My cingular 8800 free from rim, I had to get the international unlock from gsmphonesource. I actually did two devices with out an issue. Can't see myslef going back to the 8800 from the new curve, but i will be using it for theme testing purposes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast