ok i have my tmo 8320 unlocked. and i did my own speed test. and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

unlocked 8320 speed test.

Advertisement

ok i have my tmo 8320 unlocked. and i did my own speed test. and what i found is very interesting. on tmos network as in bgs video the wi-fi is actually slower then the edge on att. i got the phone unlocked and put in my att sim card. and this blows my mind. with the att sim in the 8320 the wi-fi is 2x if not more faster in the same web browsing test. im not sure why. i even tested it against my cousins verizon 8830 and the 8820 with wi-fi still blew it away with the att sim. im very impressed and glade i unlocked it. i think its tmos edge network thats crippling the wi-fi experiance. any other thoughts on it?

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: unlocked 8320 speed test.

If it is crippling it I wonder how exactly. Hope its a bug they fix.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

ha, well for me, i dont even get EDGE with att at my house

i do however get it with TMO and my wifi works great, no problems
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

~via SUPA BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

I wonder if setting the Curve to use wifi only, makes a difference. I am guessing that when it is set to wifi preferred, it is always looking for the best signal of the 2. Maybe you can try with it as wifi only and let us know the results, Nicky.

Also do you have the javascript on or off?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I just tried att 8820 on EDGE and Tmo 8320 on UMA (aka WiFi) and the Tmo loaded first. I used a page that had not been loaded on either of them.

So then I tried a Tmo 8320 on EDGE and Tmo 8320 on UMA and the UMA loaded first. Again I used a page that had not loaded any either of them before.

So I tried my att 8820 with my Tmo 8320 both on WiFi. The loaded the page about the same. There was no clear winner/looser.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

thats kind of what i figured. lol
    Bold - 5.0.0.93 / 8310 - 4.5.0.81 ---- AT&T
    8330 - 4.5.0.77 ---- Sprint

Blackberry's are a lifestyle

jeff.kaiser88@yahoo.com

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    I just tried att 8820 on EDGE and Tmo 8320 on UMA (aka WiFi) and the Tmo loaded first. I used a page that had not been loaded on either of them.

So then I tried a Tmo 8320 on EDGE and Tmo 8320 on UMA and the UMA loaded first. Again I used a page that had not loaded any either of them before.

So I tried my att 8820 with my Tmo 8320 both on WiFi. The loaded the page about the same. There was no clear winner/looser.
    On the ones running wifi, are you using them as wifi only or wifi preferred?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

i switched off edge and the browser was in wifi mode, which will not work on edge - i know because i forget to change it all the time.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr