sorry if this is a dumb question - I followed the steps in editing the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

unlock vendor themes

Advertisement

sorry if this is a dumb question - I followed the steps in editing the .alx file in wordpad and saved it - here's what I did: everything for the 8300, I changed to, simply "100" for T-Mobile - down the line. If the entry had dozens of vendor codes, I just deleted them all and put "100" If it had one vendor code, I made it "100" - But I still have no additional themes on the unit - only 3 generic BB themes - what did I do wrong?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: unlock vendor themes

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin
    sorry if this is a dumb question - I followed the steps in editing the .alx file in wordpad and saved it - here's what I did: everything for the 8300, I changed to, simply "100" for T-Mobile - down the line. If the entry had dozens of vendor codes, I just deleted them all and put "100" If it had one vendor code, I made it "100" - But I still have no additional themes on the unit - only 3 generic BB themes - what did I do wrong?
    u seem to have done everything right.
    is your fone a t-mobile or is it an unlocked fone from another vendor? if it is, then u have to use that 'vendor id' instead of t-mob.
    did u edit the alx file during an os upgrade?? did u delete the 'vendor.xml' file?

terrapin no está en línea Stack Pro

the phone is a cingular/att 8300 and I have a USA t-mobile SIM in it (my current service) - do I change everything to the t-mobile vendor code or the att code? Also, do I just add the additional code to some of the longer code strings or delete them all only to have my code in there?

superdad no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by terrapin
    the phone is a cingular/att 8300 and I have a USA t-mobile SIM in it (my current service) - do I change everything to the t-mobile vendor code or the att code? Also, do I just add the additional code to some of the longer code strings or delete them all only to have my code in there?
    just put in the att code. u can delete all the long code strings and replace it with ur att code. let us know if it worked.

danni04 no está en línea Stack level 2

just delete all code strings of vendor IDs and replace w/ 102 for att. the desktop manager should be able to update the OS on your phone w/ the unlocked themes.