Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I did a bit of searching but found conflicting answers. I got an unlock code ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kiloka no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlock code

Advertisement

I did a bit of searching but found conflicting answers. I got an unlock code from att for my bb. My gf has the same one and I want to unlock hers to tmobile. Will my unlock code unlock her curve or are they imei specific?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Unlock code

they are imei specific - she can try with t-mobile or try an unlocking service.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

She purchased a 8310 from att and plans to use it with tmo. Since it has not been activated with att will they still allow me to get an unlock code from them as I did for mine?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I dunno what att's policy is on unlock codes honestly. I thought you had to have an account in good standing in order to get the code, but I haven't tried.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

If you paid full retail for the 8310 then you can get a code. IF you got it from a deal or something they will not help.

Your code for your BB will NOT work.
    Last edited by reddog187; 02-13-2008 at 06:27 PM.

I guess I will call them and find out. I'll post my results.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

if that doesnt work www.gsmphonesource.com ive used them many many times all with success
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

When I unlocked my pearl my account was out, and they didnt have any trouble unlocking it for me. I was the primary account holder and had the correct information.

Thanks for the info. I will call them when I get a minute and post back.

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A

i called them up, got a nice rep on the phone.. requested the subsidy code... she asked why i need the code.. told her that i will be travelling and would like to use my phone overseas... guess what.. i got denied.. stating that I would need to get their roaming service...
    -=BlacKnight=-

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by blacknight0180 View Post
    i called them up, got a nice rep on the phone.. requested the subsidy code... she asked why i need the code.. told her that i will be travelling and would like to use my phone overseas... guess what.. i got denied.. stating that I would need to get their roaming service...
    Try a different rep, or email them. If you have been with them for at least 90 days and are in good standing then there should be not reason for them to deny you.

Also their roaming service does not apply she's full of crap

blacknight0180 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2445561A

i have been w/ them for 3 years now and thanks to pinstack, i wouldnt have known that they can unlock your phone for free... ive never been delinquent so i would say yes... ill try it again tom...
    -=BlacKnight=-

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Yeah reddog is right. If you tell them that you are unlocking it for business use, they are supposed to just help you with it. They will try to sucker you into purchasing their international bb plan or something like that, but tell them that you will as soon as you are ready to leave and that you will do that online. That always works. It will make them shuddup.

edit* Double posted.
    Last edited by kiloka; 02-14-2008 at 03:46 PM.

Just called them about five minutes ago. I told the rep that I was planning on taking a different blackberry of mine to thailand and that I had called earlier thinking that all unlock codes were universal. She took my new imei that I gave her and processed the info. I'll be getting an email in a few days with the new unlock code.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast