Hi, I Just Purchase A Bb Curve, Any One Can Help Me With The Unlock ... BlackBerry Curve forum

resses2pieces no está en línea Stack level 1

Unlock Code

Advertisement

Hi,
    I Just Purchase A Bb Curve, Any One Can Help Me With The Unlock Code?

michaelk no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Unlock Code

Sure, there are lots of people with them... for a small sum, they'll usually give you the code. Your carrier has your unlock code and will gladly sell it to you.

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

go here and they'll unlock it for you, very good and reliable service

http://www.gsmphonesource.com/

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

From what I've heard, TMo is on top when it comes to unlocking phones, usually 24 hours tops compared to Cingular/ATT which takes them a while to get the code to ya!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    Actually most carriers, at least in the US will give you the Unlock code for free.
    actually that's correct...I did forget about that option, but however if you are like me bought a AT&T Curve and using Tmo service...you are going to have to get it unlocked by a service and not thru your carrier

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

I called the ATT International service center yewsterday and got my code over the phone. Actually it took me less time to get the code than it took me to unlock the phone.

abraxsis no está en línea Stack level 1

The best way to go about doing this is just to tell them (your carrier) youre going overseas sometime in the near future. They are required, by law, to unlock your phone. No need to pay someone to do it. Also included in the new laws, if you buy a phone outright with no contract, they MUST unlock your phone if you request it. Once the phone is out of contract, they have to unlock it. Etc. But they big thing is, you have to ASK, lol. They'll never offer up that info.

johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B9510

Quote Originally Posted by jgirly2
    From what I've heard, TMo is on top when it comes to unlocking phones, usually 24 hours tops compared to Cingular/ATT which takes them a while to get the code to ya!
    Try living in Canada! I have attempted to call on 4 different phones now stating that i was going to europe and they still would not give me the code. Stupid Rogers!!! Their reason is because service is offered over there and they want you to use it to make more money for their somewhat already profiting way too much money company.
    JohhnyWhoJr

"Proud owner of the 8110"

johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    206B9510

Quote Originally Posted by c3po25
    go here and they'll unlock it for you, very good and reliable service

http://www.gsmphonesource.com/
    Bahahahahahaha!!!! In regards to my last post. I checked out how much it would cost to unlock via this site, and for any phone on Rogers is $64.99USD. That's just plain Stupid to pay that much money! The only advantage to unlocking in Canada is selling my phone back to someone in the states. Fido does not offer Blackberries on there network and Rogers is the only other GSM company here.
    JohhnyWhoJr

"Proud owner of the 8110"

tonyd414 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just called AT@T and they said they would be sending me an email with unlock code and directions - no costs for the service.

Question I have by unlocking my phone will I get any other features besides being able to place calls on other networks? Or what does unlocking a phone really mean??