Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

The website we are suggesting isn't just some random site we google'd. A lot of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Naylor07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241ECE99

Re: Unlock Blackberry Curve 8300 from Cingular

Advertisement

The website we are suggesting isn't just some random site we google'd. A lot of people have used that site and were very satisfied. I would always prefer a website over eBay and especially one that has just good reviews and feedback from fellow stackers!

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Just go through Cingular, its free and easy. Ive had two curves unlocked by them already. The first device I had returned under warranty and they unlocked the second one without hesitation. T-mobile will only let you unlock one phone per number every 90 days. Not sure what the limit for Cingular is.

Wharfrat no está en línea Stack level 1

I got an unlock code from ATT for an 8300 but was told that the code is specific for an IMEI code. I would like to use the handset on either TMO or ATT.....is there a way to unlock it regardless of the account?

PIN/ID
    240c3403

i would use gsmphonesource if i were you. nothing against ebay dealers but gsm is more trustworthy.

Wharfrat no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by brokenartist
    i would use gsmphonesource if i were you. nothing against ebay dealers but gsm is more trustworthy.
    Thank you for your recomendation.
    Now, the question is.....I got an unlock code from ATT for an 8300 but was told that the code is specific for an IMEI code. I would like to use the handset on either TMO or ATT.....is there a way to unlock it regardless of the account?

PIN/ID
    240c3403

the IMEI code is a specific code for the phone. Kind of like a serial number. Once the unlock code is put into the phone it will be unlocked for tmo and att all you would have to do is swap the sim cards in the back.

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2

Sorry for the stupid question... but what is the IMEI unlock code for and what does it do? This is the first time i've heard of it and the threads above do not specify what it's purpose is. Thanx in advance.

PIN/ID
    240c3403

the IMEI unlock code is so you can input it into your phone and you can then use that phone on another carrier such as if you have the curve which is exclusive to att right now and you get an IMEI unlock code then once inputed you can use that phone on tmobile as well as att

mrnrandazzo no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanx for clearing that up for me. I thought I was another way to get themes or apps hiding in my curve. Guess I was just pipe-dreaming LOL.

max232 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by Corbett
    Call cingular and ask them for the unlock code! You will have the unlock code and instructions on how to unlock it withint 3 days! It worked for me! Then I cancelled my contract and now I am on t-mobile!
    I just bought an unlocked ATT 8300. I'm having a heck of a time configuring it for t-mobile any advice?

Corbett no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by max232

I just bought an unlocked ATT 8300. I'm having a heck of a time configuring it for t-mobile any advice?
    What is the issue you are having?

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Just call the AT&T International Calling Center and tell them that you are going overseas in a few weeks and that you would like to use the phone there. I have done this twice and I received my code the same day.

IANAL, but I have heard that the carriers are required to unlock your phone if you ask them to.

Added:
    Here is the number:1-916-843-4685
    Last edited by jjames42; 11-20-2009 at 11:16 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12