I'm planning to unlock my old BB8707g and saw the Unlock Search site which provides ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tonyu no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Unlock BB

Advertisement

I'm planning to unlock my old BB8707g and saw the Unlock Search site which provides the unlock codes for about $10. I read in one thread where it is mentioned that the provider will give the codes for free if you tell them you will be roaming. Unfortunately, here in the Philippines the provider, Globe Telecom, will not provide the code so I don't mind the $10 fee. My question is - Does anyone know if this website (www.unlocksearch.com) is legitimate or tried using their services? Assuming that it is and they provide me the correct unlock code, is the procedure easy to follow and will it affect in any way the data in the phone? Hope someone can help me on this.

Tony

labevlol no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    BREEEEEE
    I personally haven't used the site. By simply googling their web address there were a few reviews on them... Hope that helps

samflix no está en línea Stack level 1
    Call your carrier and they will give you the steps for Free, I have AT&T. Tell them I have to travel overseas and I need to use a different SIM from that country. Of course they wil tell you they have international plans, just tell them it's too expensive and I need to get my own over there. According to the law that came out in the beginning of 2008, they have to unlock it for free. You can do search on the article on the net , Enjoy

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ^^to do so you need to be a current customer with at least 3 months with no late payments and current with your bill.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by samflix View Post
    Call your carrier and they will give you the steps for Free, I have AT&T. Tell them I have to travel overseas and I need to use a different SIM from that country. Of course they wil tell you they have international plans, just tell them it's too expensive and I need to get my own over there. According to the law that came out in the beginning of 2008, they have to unlock it for free. You can do search on the article on the net , Enjoy
    Great advice except he isn't in the US. The law changes apply to USA only. He is in the Phillipines.

$10 bucks doesn't sound bad at all (especially compared to my rates for doing it through the computer but I don't offer remote unlocking). I would read the reviews about the company prior to sending them any info and if you don't feel comfortable then, just check someone else out that may be more expensive but gives you a better feel.

Zo