Haven't anything good to say about Backberry. They don't even throw well. On third 8330 ... BlackBerry Curve forum

CrashGordon no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Unhappy Blackberry User gets hit with a "Curve"

Advertisement

Haven't anything good to say about Backberry. They don't even throw well. On third 8330 Curve in less than a year, keyboard failures both times. Got clobbered with the BSOD from the Desktop software. Phones themselves require reboots on regular basis to remain functional. Keyboard, when working, is flaky - often substituting numbers and letter whenever the mood strikes. In the final analysis, based on my experience and that of my co-workers, I offer the following recommendations:
    1) Do not remove the phone from its packaging and attempt to use it. It works better when left sealed, without batteries installed, propping open doors.
    2) Do not install the Desktop software unless you need practice reloading Windows on your PC. Did find the following to be true. Version 4 was bad. Version 5 was deadly (BSOD). Version 6 itself crashes when it cannot crash the computer. At this rate, version 7 should be able to total destroy your PC and phone without even being installed.
    3) Do not expect RIM to help unless you pay for it - which you already did in a manner of speaking when they sold you your new doorstop!
    4) GPS on the phone only operates when you know where you are and how to get where you are going - best left off

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sorry you had a bad experience. That's unusual for the 8330 IMO. I have had BB's for 4+ years one of which was the 8330 (the longest of all of them) and never had any issue except when I installed a large, new OS (5.0) that it didn't have the capability to run. I went back to a "proper" OS for the device and kept it until a couple of weeks ago when I converted to the Incredible. Good luck with your next phone, whatever you pick.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Well, welcome to PinStack, crash.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with your device! I know many people whose favorite device was the trusty ol' (or not so trusty in your case) Curve 8330. It's a shame, too because while I didn't have an 8330, being on AT&T and all, I did have the 8310 and it was by far one of the best devices I had in a long string of BlackBerrys prior to it.

I had a 9700 until last week when I got myself a 9800. So far so good with the 9800, but the 9700 is an awesome device.

Sounds like you just had a string of bad luck, which I'm sorry to hear.

Hope whatever comes your way next serves you well!

As you can see, we are an all encompassing smartphone site, so whatever you end up with, we hope you'll stick around the Stacks!

BES Noob no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    I'm in the same boat with Roger on this one. One of the most reliable devices I've ever owned was an 8310. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune and string of bad luck when it came to the 8330. When you decide to upgrade to another device I hope that you will give RIM the benefit of the doubt and try a new Blackberry as they are to me a night and day difference from the 8000 series of phones from a couple of years back.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Number one-Are you serious?
    I solved number 2 when I replaced my 8120 recently.
    Number 3-T-Mobile has been great with replacing my phones except the time they sent it to another address.
    Number 4-I don't have GPS so I can't reply to that one.

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Absolutely hilarious! I was drinking some juice and almost choked reading this! LMAO. Free yourself from more pain and come on over to Android CrashGordon.
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!

bmay82 no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by rdills View Post
    Absolutely hilarious! I was drinking some juice and almost choked reading this! LMAO. Free yourself from more pain and come on over to Android CrashGordon.

or Apple

SO many choices anymore to stick with something that has left a bad taste in your mouth.
    Apple iPhone 5C 16gb (Green)

Follow Me on Twitter

rdills no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmay82 View Post
    or Apple

SO many choices anymore to stick with something that has left a bad taste in your mouth.

True indeed!
    You can't learn anything if you're talking!