So recently when I have been on a phonecall it ends the call and I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cloroxbleach4 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Unexpected Restarts

Advertisement

So recently when I have been on a phonecall it ends the call and I look down at my phone and there is an hourglass. It's as if I had just done a battery pull and it takes awhile for it to reload just like a battery pull.

I was wondering if this has been happening to others or if any one knows the reason causing this.

Thanks.

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    A friend had this start happening last week. He had to get a replacement. I would do a backup through DM and then do a wipe from the pearl to see if that will fix it.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I too have a friend who's having the same problem. I thought it was the phone restarting because it was running out of memory but, I am not too sure anymore...perhaps it is the phone.

sesp9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had the same issue happen to my 8320 device. I spoke with a rim representative and found out it is a known OS defect in some of the bb's.If you still have the warranty then I suggest that you send it back for replacement like I did.

thagame911 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sesp9 View Post
    I had the same issue happen to my 8320 device. I spoke with a rim representative and found out it is a known OS defect in some of the bb's.If you still have the warranty then I suggest that you send it back for replacement like I did.
    How long is the warranty ? What is time frame for how long it'll take to get an replacement. Because my 8320 is starting to do this also.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ The warranty is one year. It takes 3 to 7 days depending on which shipping option you pick. 3 day shipping via TMobile is $15. 7 day shipping is $9.99.

Cloroxbleach4 no está en línea Stack level 2
    this hasn't happened to me since i've posted this.

nealpolshuk no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~this happens to me only when I have the wifi enabled. Plus, there is one restaurant (with wifi) in which my phone will keep re-booting over and over until I leave. Wierd.

Gmandese no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've noticed this happens when I'm in a borderline area between EDGE and wifi. It seems that going back and forth causes an error in the phone, as it has trouble switching between the 2 when it is in use. Sometimes the call drops, and all my call functions are frozen and I have to pull the battery, other times it restarts itself.
    I was having this problem at work, because both t-mobile's signal and the neighbor's wifi are weak. But I turned off wifi and it never happened again.

BBP
    BBP no está en línea Stack level 3
    I answered a call, phone rebooted (WIFI OFF) first time never happened before
    Last edited by BBP; 04-30-2008 at 06:59 PM.

tennr no está en línea Stack level 1
    This problem has been a real pain in the... I have spoken with RIM, I have had the device swapped twice. For me the phone restarting happened only when on UMA calls. Additionally, I was using a bluetooth headset.

My determination is the Curve has difficulty when both radios are on, but it seems to manage. However, if you add in third-party devices such as headsets, bluetooth gps units, and older WiFi access points. This becomes a bad mix.

I also have a T-Mobile MDA, which I no longer use as a phone, but I have TomTom running on it for mapping. It has bluetooth DUN setup to get internet from the Curve so it can update traffic info. When the MDA tries to get data from the phone, and I am on a phone call, the bluetooth headhead set will sound garbled like it is underwater. I hear people this way, and they here me the same way.

It seems the Curve does not play well with multiple devices.

Of course I have talked with RIM about all of the above and have not recieved a satisfactory response. Mostly they deny the problem could possibly exist. I was fortunate to be on the phone with RIM when the "underwater" problem occured. They noted the account. They hinted that the .180 (offical firmware) that T-Mobile uses has documented issues with Bluetooth, but could not offer a fix. Of course they said they could not support the phone if .184 was loaded but that it contained the fix. However .184 still exhibits the "underwater" effect mentioned above.

I have had such bad time using UMA that I, for the most part have it off. However, my area is so bad and unstable with the cell towers, that I from time-to-time am forced to turn it on. I still have problems using WiFi reliably. I understand somewhere that there is policy setting to modify the db limits (min, max) for the handover, seem this should have some user input as to the sensitivty, other than WiFi prefered or Mobile Network prefered.

Just my two cents. Would like to hear if others have had the "underwater" problem.

--Aaron

grimardtrojan85 no está en línea Stack level 1
    This happened to me only when i loaded the new os 4.5.10 and would only do it when i would get to a low battery and would not stop until i reloaded the old os and then loaded the new one again. never to say the less i managed to brick my phone once doing this luckily and not sure how i did it but un-brick it. but now i am running os 4.5.18 and it has been perfect no problems and works great.

hchai no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    My situation is a little bit different.

When I get an email from HP APP program and try to open it, the phone restarts. I have tested multiple times with the same three e-mails. All other e-mails are fine.

Well, guess it's something in that e-mail is causing the problem.