symptom: uncaught exception: ui engine accessed without holding the event lock error shows, messages in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

keigan no está en línea Stack level 1

uncaught exception: ui engine accessed without holding the event lock

Advertisement

symptom: uncaught exception: ui engine accessed without holding the event lock error shows, messages in bbm are not viewable until hard reset performed.

i have experienced this error with both of the two 8900s i have owned. this one is a refurb and began giving the error shortly after i restored from my old device backup. this leads me to believe that something i have done, somewhere, is causing this error to occur.

i have backed up, wiped and restored on both devices and on the current device i have just reinstalled the os and all applications.

i am on the rogers wireless network in canada, i have the current os freshly installed and here is a list of the few 3rd party applications i am using (note: this error occurred on my old device before i installed any third party apps.)

thompson reuters news pro
    quickpull
    bigtincan buzzme
    facebook
    wlm

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    what OS are you running on the 8900?

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Same qustion here, what os and are you running bbm 5.0 or the factory version? I would reset it to the factory settings then one by one reload each item from the most recent backup to see if it's a setting.By the way, you're not on BES are you?
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Quote Originally Posted by zipporic View Post
    Same qustion here, what os and are you running bbm 5.0 or the factory version? I would reset it to the factory settings then one by one reload each item from the most recent backup to see if it's a setting.By the way, you're not on BES are you?
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100
    Os ver 4.6.1.250. Factory bbm. No bes.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

zipporic no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B606F3
    Well I haven't heard of anyone having similar issues with that os, at this point it sounds like a setting (security or permission setting?) that's causing it. Use backup/restore to erase the app permissions and security settings, see if that helps. Otherwise you might consider posting your event log and some of us can look at it to see if there is some clue in there.

Edit:
    So I read up a little on this error, seems it's due to an app or program attempting to access and update information to display in the GUI, calendar is a common culprit - so use backup/restore in the desktop manager to clear the calendar and all of it's settings. See if that helps. If not, I would download the os again, erase the old one on your bb and computer then do a fresh install of the new one, just in case the one you have now has a corrupt file.
    Last edited by zipporic; 08-10-2009 at 02:36 PM. Reason: added text
    Who told you, you could eat my cookies? Put that cookie down!... Now!
    Courtesy of the Govenator

Quote Originally Posted by zipporic View Post
    Well I haven't heard of anyone having similar issues with that os, at this point it sounds like a setting (security or permission setting?) that's causing it. Use backup/restore to erase the app permissions and security settings, see if that helps. Otherwise you might consider posting your event log and some of us can look at it to see if there is some clue in there.

Edit:
    So I read up a little on this error, seems it's due to an app or program attempting to access and update information to display in the GUI, calendar is a common culprit - so use backup/restore in the desktop manager to clear the calendar and all of it's settings. See if that helps. If not, I would download the os again, erase the old one on your bb and computer then do a fresh install of the new one, just in case the one you have now has a corrupt file.
    I've made some changes to recurring calendar entries (birthdays) and haven't experienced any errors as yet, but I haven't tried it with a heavy bbm load yet. I'll put the device thru a stress test and let my bbm history pile up for a while (usually seems to trigger this error) and see if I can trigger the error again, then I'll do the wipe and manually enter my calendar info again. Strange that this would only seem to be triggered by, and negatively impact, the bbm. At any rate, I certainly appreciate your prompt and impressively dedicated search on my behalf. I couldn't find much by googling. I'll post again if I can recreate the error and let you know what's up.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.250 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/107

stamfordharry no está en línea Stack level 1

uncaught eception

i have the same problem with new 3 week old bb 8900 on orange network orange say its a faulty phone and want to replace it
    but i take battery out it does a reeboot and everything is okay for a while

the problem persists. i formatted the device with the latest software available to rogers customers (v4.6.1.250) and didn't back up the calendar. suggestions?