Hey, I've noticed this quirk for a while, and just figured it would resolve it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

PacificDude8 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Unable to retrieve MMS content while connected through UMA ?

Hey, I've noticed this quirk for a while, and just figured it would resolve it self.

In order to retrieve the picture/video or any content for that matter in an MMS message, I must disable WiFi, and manually tell my 8320 to "RETRIEVE" while it's connected through EDGE.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue. I've been using for a couple of months now, and it's been very stable. I'm not certain if it's always been this way, or just since I had started using beta OS'.

I'm installing (no I will not post the link for you to download it, it's out there, google is a great resource). But anyway I am installing it now, and I plan to see if that fixes the problem. If it does I'll edit this message.

Last edited by PacificDude8; 07-12-2008 at 04:56 AM. Reason: left out important information of the issue scenario.

MartyS no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've had the same trouble on my 8320, every so often, using 4.2. However, I didn't have to turn off WiFi to get the download. All I needed to do is go to the menu key and select retrieve, and it came down just fine.

Like I said, it doesn't happen every time, and it has happened to me when I'm on EDGE, and not just WiFi, so I don't know that it's necessarily WiFi/UMA related.