Using Reddog's Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES as a guide, I cleaned the trackball ... BlackBerry Curve forum

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Unable to reassemble trackball...Help!

Advertisement

Using Reddog's Trackball Cleaning and Disassembly w/ PICTURES as a guide, I cleaned the trackball on my 8310 today. Now I've spent about 2 hours trying to get it back together.

I have tried every conceivable configuration, but I still an unable to get the lower housing and upper house together.

Any words of wisdom? I really need some help before my frustration level drives me crazy!

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    It should fit together easily. Are you sure one of the pieces isn't upside down? Sure that the rollers are aligned in the right direction?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    Make sure that the metal pins that you pushed outward are pulled outward and then pushed inward into place so they lock together over the plastic housing. You might be trying to push it down on top of the metal pins.

dj_polak15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    i kno how u feel i got this same prob once i just got some patience and kept trying it and i eventually got mine in get like a skinny screwdriver and use the meatl magentic pins in for a tip works a bit easier... and dont rush otherwise u will prob have to redo it again... lol and be careful with the rele thin metal ring it likes to bend adn break =P

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    Did you get it fixed?

PIN/ID
    ask me
    STILL trying ----- thanks for your help!

PIN/ID
    ask me
    My fat fingers were getting so tired, and I was getting so frustrated that I finally asked my daughter to give me a hand this morning. After working on it over an hour, we have come to the conclusion that my feeble attempts have apparently screwed up the metal retaining clip...it just won't work. Damn! I had ordered a new Trackball on Thursday from Techtoys in Texas, thinking that would be quicker delivery than cnn.cn, and this morning I got a shipping confirmation -- it is on its way, so I will have to just live without my trackball for a few more days. I had kept my old Pearl as a just-in-case backup, but wouldn't you know it? My wife liked the features of my BB so much that we added another data plan to our family plan and she started using the Pearl last month, and of course she LOVES it! So, no more backup BB.

My advice to all Stackers (all BBers, for that matter)... Spend a few bucks on a backup trackball!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is cheap insurance!

Thanks to you guys (gals) who responded to my plea for help. I appreciate it!