Hey everyone! I am having a problem with my Vzw 8330. I got my Curve ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mnemerah no está en línea Stack level 2

unable to hear callers...

Advertisement

Hey everyone! I am having a problem with my Vzw 8330. I got my Curve july 1st and have been loving it. Its one of the most amazing pieces of technology I have ever had the pleasure of using.
    Unfortunatly, starting yesterday, I have been unable to hear the other party when I make or receive phone calls. I had assumed it had something to do with the ear speaker on the handset, but when I hooked up a headset (wired, I don't have a BT one) I experienced the same problem.
    I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem. Is it something simple or should I take the handset back to Vzw and get a new one?

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I too have a Vzw Curve 8330 and just started experiencing the same problem a couple of weeks ago. For the first 2 months there was no problem at all. I just do a periodic battery pull and it seems to fix the problem. However, the fix is not permanent. I would go to Verizon and tell them about the problem and that you are aware others with the same phone are having the same problem. I myself intend to get a replacement when time allows. Also, read the following thread. This problem is not limited to us Curve users.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=81165

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Edit: sorry to waste anyones time but while posting this I realized I had not tryed a battery pull, which needless to say worked! Thanks anyway and the Pinstack rocks!

Thank you Krazy Kat! After I pulled the battery I had hoped the problem was resolved. Apparently I will have to be on the lookout for this problem again. Still, its good to know its a known problem. That usually makes it much easier to get a replacement.

denots113 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am also on verizon and have had the curve for about 3 weeks now. I also experienced this problem yesterday and it was fixed by doing a battery pull. Should I take it to the VZW store to try to get a replacement?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    This is obviously a defect and should be made known to VZW/RIM. If you have to pull the battery to fix something that shouldn't happen, then by all means take the phone back and make sure they know you aren't the only one experiencing this!

denots113 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks for the help! Would it matter if I bought my curve online instead of the store? I've never replaced a phone before and was wondering the process I might have to go thru.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by denots113 View Post
    Thanks for the help! Would it matter if I bought my curve online instead of the store? I've never replaced a phone before and was wondering the process I might have to go thru.

Just call them up and explain the situation. You're well within the warranty period, so it should be no problem to get you a new device. Make sure they know that you know of several other people who have the same issue and it needs to be rectified.

Blade69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    It's not just Verizon. I'm unfortunately a Sprint customer and it happens to me too. So it's not the provider, it's the product.

KPSK no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have had this problem on my 8310. What is happening with mine is that they are setting up 3G which is causing the problem. Not sure it this is the case for you all.

krissybear14 no está en línea Stack level 2
    My boyfriend has the same problem with his ATT 8310. Just doing the reset fixes his problem. It has only happened a couple times since he has owned it. I have an 8320 and have not experienced that.