I have been trying to delete some apps for a while but can't seem to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes

unable to delete apps

Advertisement

I have been trying to delete some apps for a while but can't seem to do it, i have tried deleting them via desktop manager and via aplications screen in my BB but they still show up, i have done a lot of bat pull but nothing, they don't show up in the aplications list anymore, but they are still in the home screen, has anyone had this happen? Im on a 8310 on OS 4.5 the apps are yahoo messenger, google messenger, myspace and some other carrier icons
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.124 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/121

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    Well, I know that when you delete myspace an icon still stays to point you to the download page. Now do the im clients have a little green arrow at the bottom of them?

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    If you see icons but the apps are not in your list of apps then they are just download launcher icons. You can go into your service books and delete them, but they are pushed by your carrier so they will come back after a battery pull/reset/resending service books. They take up almost no space in memory, just get in the way. Your best option is to either hide the icons or create a folder to stash them in.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jeffpettis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    azstar is right, I trust her on here (and a whole lot of good moderators on here) and that pretty much what you can do. i deleted alot of apps from app world and i stuck them in their own folder.

foregus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    yes
    Nono of them have a green arrow, but when i click them i see they point me to the download page, thanks guys!
    BlackBerry8310/4.5.0.124 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/121