Hi fellow members, Firstly sorry if i have posted in the wrong place. I hoping ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tweedie2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to connect to internet

Advertisement

Hi fellow members,

Firstly sorry if i have posted in the wrong place.

I hoping someone can help me, i have a BB 8520 UNLOCKED currently on 02 pay as you go, the problem i have is i cannot connect to the internet! i have been into 02 to ask why this was, and they said my best bet to get it working was to come to this site!!

i have also been told that i need to get the little thing in the right hand top courner to change to capital letter, so GPRS, not gprs, it also comes up as edge??

any help would be greatly appriciated.

thank you

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    You need it to be either GPRS or EDGE, not lower case gprs or edge... if they are lower case you are not connected and using a Blackberry Data Plan. First, did you pay for a Blackberry Data Plan? Second, if you did, do a Battery Pull: Leave your device on, pull the battery out for 20 seconds, put the battery back in and wait for you device to boot up.

I got the phone on contract with vodafone, but it is an unlocked phone no logos or anything. i have put in my 02 PAYGO sim card, which i get unlimited internet with.

i have been told that if i can get the thing in the corner to go EDGE or GPRS i will be able to use the internet but not the BB email or BB pin which is fine i just want internet access.

02 was not much help. how do i get it to change to caps?

I was told today that if you go onto the orange network the internet should work on pay as you go? is there any truth to this?