Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

For 2 months now I cannot do a general backup. I get frozen out at ... BlackBerry Curve forum

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E

Unable to Backup

Advertisement

For 2 months now I cannot do a general backup. I get frozen out at the Profiles part. I do know how to go to advanced, choose all and knock off profiles and copy the rest. Then 'save as'.

What I would like to know is how to fix this or where to go to find out how to fix it. It is a little more time consuming and I back it up almost weekly depending on what I have been doing.

Keep me in mind if you come across something other than the workaround I am doing.

Thanks all.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

MZ831 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i no exactly how u feel i dont no what happen with my bb curve but my pc isnt recongizen it my screen on the phone is black but the lights r blinking red so i dont no what i can do i called tmobile n there sendin me my 3 rd frickin phone im so tired of these issues with this phone

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by misterrx View Post
    For 2 months now I cannot do a general backup. I get frozen out at the Profiles part. I do know how to go to advanced, choose all and knock off profiles and copy the rest. Then 'save as'.

What I would like to know is how to fix this or where to go to find out how to fix it. It is a little more time consuming and I back it up almost weekly depending on what I have been doing.

Keep me in mind if you come across something other than the workaround I am doing.

Thanks all.
    You have corruption in one of your profiles. Did you create a custom one at some point? If so that's probably the culprit. Maybe it's one where you're using a downloaded ringtone?

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried resetting all of the profiles to the default settings and then changing them back? I know its a lot of work, but could fix it.

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't know if this helpsas I am pretty new here myself, so don't claim to be an expert. However when I first got my curve and was trying to optimize memory, I deleted my event logs per a thread I came across and after that I could not do a general backup. I had to restore my phone with a backup I did prior to deleting my call logs before I could do a general back up again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    You have corruption in one of your profiles. Did you create a custom one at some point? If so that's probably the culprit. Maybe it's one where you're using a downloaded ringtone?
    Corruption is a definite probability I would agree.

Yes I use a custom ringer.

PIN is in Profile

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by tavella81 View Post
    Have you tried resetting all of the profiles to the default settings and then changing them back? I know its a lot of work, but could fix it.
    I actually have tried making all profiles back to default. In fact when I upgrades to os 4.5 last night all my profiles were at default. I still am unable to do a backup. I rely on Advanced to update backups. I am fortunate that option is available.

PIN is in Profile

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmom View Post
    I don't know if this helpsas I am pretty new here myself, so don't claim to be an expert. However when I first got my curve and was trying to optimize memory, I deleted my event logs per a thread I came across and after that I could not do a general backup. I had to restore my phone with a backup I did prior to deleting my call logs before I could do a general back up again. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Before I upgraded to os 4.5 I did a backup. I then tried restoring from a backup the day I got the curve. I still was unable to backup after that restore.

Thanks to all so far for your ideas. Keep them coming as I cannot fathom a fix yet.

PIN is in Profile

If you don't mind losing all your profiles go into the DM and do this:

Go to Backup and Restore>Advanced. Once the OS loads up on the right side, scroll down to Profiles and highlight it. Press the Clear button.

If you have an old backup that worked with your Profiles before, you can restore them from that, otherwise you'll have to reload them manually.

Coachmeeks no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    300F590D
    I have the same issue. I am using DM4.5, and when I try to backup it hangs up at profiles.
    So the only way to do the backup is delete all my profiles and then reload them after I backup?
    After the backup I will download 4.5os from Verizon but I hate to loose my ringtones. Two of them I dont even know where i first got them from so once they are gone they are gone. One is a star wars them ringer, and the other is the theme from rocky ringer. I hate to loose them but I dont seem to have files for them anywhere.
    So deleting the profiles is the way to go Rogro??

Coach, you won't lose the ringtones by deleting the profiles and even if you did, can't you download them again?

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Well I went into advanced and after the data bases loaded i went to profiles and hit clear. Still no joy when I did the backup, stops at profiles. How do I get it to skip backing up profiles?

Coach, do you also see anything in Profile Options?

PIN/ID
    300F590D
    Rogro, what exactly am I looking for in profile options? and do you mean profile options on the Curve?

When you're in the Advanced Backup (same as when you cleared your Profiles), right underneath Profiles is another line with Profile Options. Is it showing anything in there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast