Hi - New member here, only had my Curve now for about a week but ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cme4oil no está en línea Stack level 1

Unable to access the Curve from Desktop Manager if Password is set on the Curve

Advertisement

Hi -

New member here, only had my Curve now for about a week but I am loving it. So much better than my Treo was.

The problem I am having is I have a password set and I can lock and unlock the phone fine. I am unable to access the phone from the Desktop though. As soon as I plug in the USB cable DM asks me for the device password, I enter it and it asks me again, incrementing the counter.

Is there a different password it's asking for? Doesn't make sense to me.

Thanks for any help or tips.

jc_viteri no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Unable to access the Curve from Desktop Manager if Password is set on the Curve

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~in my case I don't understand what this password question is, cause I can just press enter and it will still connect to the phone just as if I entered the password

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Unable to access the Curve from Desktop Manager if Password is set on the Curve

Do you have the caps lock on?

Nope, caps lock is not on. The password I set is all numeric. Just doesn't seem to make any sense. Anytime I want access from the DM I have to go to options and disable the password.

BlownFuse no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20E28CE3

If your password is numeric on your BB, you need to use the corresponding letters on your keyboard to access it through desktop manager. IE - 1=w, 2=e, 3=r, 4=s, etc.

OK - Thanks for that. Talk about feeling dumb! Why is it that we think we are smart until something as simple as this brings us right back down to earth...

Thanks again. The letters was the answer...

mokeiko no está en línea Stack level 1

Your actual password is letters. When you entered the numbers on your curve, you probably didn't type the key that makes the letters turn to numbers, sort of like when you hit the shift key to
    Make the letters capital. It happened to me as well and for the life of me I couldn't figure it out until about 5 minutes later.

Mokeiko

BlownFuse no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20E28CE3

Haha, yes it took me a few minutes myself to realize it, when I first pw protected my BB also.