Need some help with this one. I have a new 8900 which works well with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wassam no está en línea Stack level 1

UMA/Wifi connection issues

Advertisement

Need some help with this one. I have a new 8900 which works well with my home wifi and Rogers. I move down south for 2 weeks and whilst the Wifi says it connects successfully, the wifi symbol is dimmed on the home screen and no data comes across wifi. Under the Wifi diagnostics, it appears to have connected ok, but under the UMA it says "UMA wifi available" but Connection, registration, and authentication not available. Similarly, under blackberry infrastructure there is a big red cross next to connecting.
    So I am a bit lost being a newbie to this blackberry thing. Could someone suggest a solution or is this Rogers blocking something beyond my control? The wifi works well over my ipod. Under UMA in the diagnostics it says "Status: ISP error. DNS server cannot be reached" It seems to be a parallel problem to other people have had on the Bold
    Thanks

gjalvarez no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have the same problem as you, I can navigate on the explorer, using wifi, but just explorer, I can´t received any email throw my wifi connection or connect to msn, gtalk, bb msn... Have you got any clue about it???

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Try giving Rogers a call and give them that address as a 911 address. I know T-Mobile doesn't like UMA if they don't have your 911 address.
    http://twitter.com/HotCelica
    hotcelica@crackberry.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/HotCelica
    Rockin a T-Mobile 8900 5.0.190
    Just bought the GF a T-Mobile 8220(Yep converted her to the darkside)

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    With that problem I usually reset my wireless modem. But dont know if thats the cause for you guys.
    Media POWERHOUSE- 8900 Curve
    When your surrounded by the Palm Pre, Iphone 3gs and T-mobile mytouch (G2) makes me wonder about blackberry.