Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am sure this has already been covered here, what do you guys think about ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Anthonyxa no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up UMA? who else diggin this feature

Advertisement

I am sure this has already been covered here, what do you guys think about the UMA feature on the 8900

any tips suggestions for the ones that have not set it up yet.

the downloads are fast the web browsing is good, I have a work phone that has all the features internet etc... so im connected everywhere

however on my personal phone i just have blackberry internet since i already have corporate on the other one.

and the uma feature at home or on the go is great.

drew4flt72 no está en línea Stack level 4
    We ALL are my friend.... Faster data transfer, the ability to be on a call and to be able send or receive an email or BB Messenger. It's just a sweet feature!!
    Last edited by drew4flt72; 03-01-2009 at 10:24 PM.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Yeah I love it! My reception was pretty crappy for the longest time in my basement. That's where my room is and it really sucked to lose coverage in my own house. Eventually they put up another tower near my house so it got a lot better. That was the whole reason I wanted UMA. Also for the faster data speeds. So now my coverage is great with or without UMA. Love it!

Macinshak no está en línea Stack level 2
    Absolutely amazing speeds!! Wish I had UMA normally on my phone!! Is UMA speeds quite close to the speeds of 3G networks in Canada? If so, damn wish the Jav had it!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    UMA is the biggest reason I made the switch to TMo. $9.99 USD and talk all you want on WiFi. Deal.
    Facebook
    MySpace
    Personal: 8900 4.6.1.250
    Work: 8330 4.5.0.160

richnere no está en línea Stack level 2
    Uma is why I too switched to TMO a couple years back. Basically for coverage.

mDRagON- no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215c161f
    Switched from AT&T for the 8120, so always had UMA works great where ever I go.
    "It’s been a long time coming, but tonight, because of what we did on this day, in this election, at this defining moment, change has come to America". - Barack Obama

www.twitter.com/waydavis

couchrack no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have an ok experience with UMA. The data speeds are great but when calls goes over the internet the quality is not so good. Might be a router setting or something.

bobcw no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've been using it for a little over a year now and have not had any problems using it with my 8320. The wife's BB Flip disconnects once in awhile, but not enough to really worry about it. Transfer rates are good and I haven't noticed any voice degradation using it. Most of my family is on TMO and I have TMO to TMO so not really saving a lot of minutes. However, with so many public wireless access points the surfing makes the time go by quicker when waiting on food or doctors. For $9.99 its a fantastic deal.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I would say the best feature on the phone, but I had it since my 8320.

--HeavyC.

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Quote Originally Posted by couchrack View Post
    I have an ok experience with UMA. The data speeds are great but when calls goes over the internet the quality is not so good. Might be a router setting or something.
    I have noticed call quality degrades if a computer is downloading something and using all the bandwith. The T-mobile branded routers you can buy from them makes sure your phone has priority over the network at all times. I noticed this while downloading an OS update the other day while on the phone with the ball and chain. Had to pause the DL to talk to her
    http://twitter.com/HotCelica
    hotcelica@crackberry.com
    http://www.linkedin.com/in/HotCelica
    Rockin a T-Mobile 8900 5.0.190
    Just bought the GF a T-Mobile 8220(Yep converted her to the darkside)

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    it's been great for internet type activities, but for calls i've been getting this weird tunneling type sound when on the phone. not the reverb, where you hear yourself talking. (could just be me getting too far from my router inside my house, i dunno.)

shawnvictor no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well to all that have the UMA phones. I'm jealous and can't wait to get mine in June.. WIFI here I come...

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am a little confused here. This really doesn't apply to me because I have an unlimited plan but if I use my BB on UMA mode, do I not get charged minutes??

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    unless you have the WiFi unlimited plan then UMA just asts as a signal extention... so it pools from your minutes just like if you didnt have UMA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast