Hope I'm doing this right, by posting in both the Rogers Forum and on here. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

siver no está en línea Stack level 3

UMA symbol

Advertisement

Hope I'm doing this right, by posting in both the Rogers Forum and on here. I'm just hoping some techie can finally explain this to me, once and for all. If I've done it wrong, apologies in advance...just frustrated.

Can someone...anyone, please explain in complete detail what the purpose of the UMA symbol is/was on my BB8900. I used to have it and it's been gone for about 8 days now. I still have the EDGE and WiFi symbols, but I miss the UMA symbol. Go figure. There has to be a reason for it magically appearing and then disappearing. Sometimes if I just wait long enough, it comes back again, but not this time. I don't have the Rogers Talk Spot/Hot Spot/whatever, b/c I don't need it. I have a wireless router at home and am accessing that...most of the time. Admittedly so, the WiFi symbol can't always make up its mind, whether to grey itself out or not, but for the most part, I can always keep restarting it in the "Manage Connections" area and eventually it takes.

...but I miss my UMA symbol. It's got to be there for a reason, err rather, it used to be there for a reason...no?? Why can't I get it back now? Do I need that pesky little UMA symbol to access the internet from anywhere in my house or as long as WiFi isn't greyed out, I'm good to go, without being charged data?

Calling all techie guru's to explain to me, why oh why, my UMA symbol doesn't like me anymore and won't come back.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I just noticed you posted this in two separate forums. I answered you in the other one.

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks MotoUp...off to check out the other forum to see what you had to say. *keeping fingers crossed*