Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by HeavyComponent I don't know if it's my router, but out of the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyComponent View Post
    I don't know if it's my router, but out of the blue UMA no longer displays on my 8900. Out of the blue it just stop showing and it was showing since I got it in Jan. It can't be the OS because it stop showing in the OS that it was showing for quite some time. My cousin lives with me and he has that issue to. BUT, I was at my friends house and got on his WIFI and UMA wouldn't show at his house either.

Anyone has this issue? The good thing is even though it says EDGE the browser speed and everything else UMA speed.

Oh and usually when I do a reset UMA shows up then goes away and EDGE takes over. I don't know what's going on.
    I have had this issue for a while and just decided to drop the UMA feature from my plan.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    try these things to to really max it out:

http://forums.pinstack.com/f184/a-54039/

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I have had this issue for a while and just decided to drop the UMA feature from my plan.
    Drop the UMA feature? Do you mean the hotspot addon? That's not what Heavy is referring to. Wifi is built into the phone and is free if you have a wireless router.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I understand what Erica is saying. My 8220 will connect to my router, I get wi-fi speeds, but my phone shows EDGE and the minutes are taken out of my monthly allotment. So there's no point in having the feature on my plan if I can't use uma calling.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post

Ok I'm going to look into that as soon as I get the chance, but as of right now my UMA is still on and hasn't disappeared...yet. I did all the steps you guys mention and I really appreciate it.

Thanks!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Definitely something to do with the router config. At work, my credentials are set so my 8900 can connect to the wifi router -- I get UMA very quickly -- but I see the connection dropping back to EDGE several times a day. If I rescan, UMA comes back on for a while, but it's not consistent.

At home the situation is completely different. As I drive up my driveway, my 8900 locks onto my access point quickly, and I'm in UMA before I even open my garage. From that point until I leave the premises again, UMA stays locked in with no interruptions at all.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post

Ok I went through the steps and UMA hasn't disappeared since last night! Thanks again guys!
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    I've tried everything suggested here and still cannot get UMA to show up on my flip.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD View Post
    At home the situation is completely different. As I drive up my driveway, my 8900 locks onto my access point quickly, and I'm in UMA before I even open my garage. From that point until I leave the premises again, UMA stays locked in with no interruptions at all.
    Mine is the same way at home. yet if i'm somewhere that has free wi-fi sometimes the wi-fi will be white and sometimes still greyed out and showing EDGE, but i still get wi-fi speeds. weird

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12