Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I don't know if it's my router, but out of the blue UMA no longer ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

UMA not showing?

Advertisement

I don't know if it's my router, but out of the blue UMA no longer displays on my 8900. Out of the blue it just stop showing and it was showing since I got it in Jan. It can't be the OS because it stop showing in the OS that it was showing for quite some time. My cousin lives with me and he has that issue to. BUT, I was at my friends house and got on his WIFI and UMA wouldn't show at his house either.

Anyone has this issue? The good thing is even though it says EDGE the browser speed and everything else UMA speed.

Oh and usually when I do a reset UMA shows up then goes away and EDGE takes over. I don't know what's going on.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Hmmm.. What's up Heavy.. What are your settings for wifi?

PIN/ID
    Yes I already did and the problem transferred to .174 and how do I check my wifi settings? I went to wifi options and theirs nothing there but the profiles.

--HeavyC.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    do you have the WMM feature active on your router? that might help. also make sure your running on channel 3... thats what BB recommends for UMA support. try that and if that doesnt work, upgrade the firmware on your router and then check to see if the same above setting are available and working

Ok, go to options/advanced/tcp and make sure APN says epc.tmobile.com... next go back to options/mobile network and put it on wifi preferred.. Now go to your manage connections icon and choose set up wifi network/next/scan for networks and see if it connects you to your router.. If it does than go manage connections and go to wifi options, scroll down to your saved router name and then hit menu/move and move your router name to the top of the list and save. Let me know if that makes a difference.

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by JCG3 View Post
    do you have the WMM feature active on your router? that might help. also make sure your running on channel 3... thats what BB recommends for UMA support. try that and if that doesnt work, upgrade the firmware on your router and then check to see if the same above setting are available and working
    How do I check WMM feature on my router? I'll go into my linksys settings and check. What do you mean by channel 3?
    I'm checking to see if a new firmware is avaliable for my router.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Ok, go to options/advanced/tcp and make sure APN says epc.tmobile.com... next go back to options/mobile network and put it on wifi preferred.. Now go to your manage connections icon and choose set up wifi network/next/scan for networks and see if it connects you to your router.. If it does than go manage connections and go to wifi options, scroll down to your saved router name and then hit menu/move and move your router name to the top of the list and save. Let me know if that makes a difference.
    Everything you said checked out except for my router being on top. I will let you know how that goes, I have to give it some time to see if it will go away again.

Thanks!

--HeavyC.

A TMO rep told me about moving the preferred router to the top. He said that it has less to travel through because it will go through the one listed first. I believe .174 is the best OS right now for the 8900. I don't think it has anything to do with that because my UMA has not budged.

PIN/ID
    pdxmatts,

Oh ok cool

JCG3,

Did everything you said except for the WMM, I don't know how to check that and what does that stand for?

By the way, I think switching to channel 3 gave me better signal. Most of the time when my UMA shows I would only see 2 bars now it's switching from 2 to 3. Good stuff!

--HeavyC.

Just for the heck of it. Did you try to unplug your router for about 5 secs and then plugging it back in? Might have to scan for the network again after doing that and you may need to move it back to the top after. Kinda like doing a battery pull for you BB but on your router instead.

PIN/ID
    Lol oh yeah I did that yesterday and I did it a few hours ago.

--HeavyC.

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Yea I just went through this problem the other day. I had to take battery out, sim card out, and while they were out I had to unplug my router for 30 seconds and then allow my router to boot back up and reinstall everything into my berry. Once it was booted back up, everything seemed to work ok. Never had a problem before. Try this.

Hope it helps!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Also, does tmobile have your 911 addresses in their system? I had to add all my addresses in their system so they know where I am on uma in case of an emergency

PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by HotCelica View Post
    Yea I just went through this problem the other day. I had to take battery out, sim card out, and while they were out I had to unplug my router for 30 seconds and then allow my router to boot back up and reinstall everything into my berry. Once it was booted back up, everything seemed to work ok. Never had a problem before. Try this.

Hope it helps!
    Did all that except I never took out the SIM. I will try all this before I go to bed tonight.

--HeavyC.

PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Also, if you have your home wifi as a saved profile, remove it and re-add it, then remove battery and sim card for 60 seconds and unplug router for same amount of time

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    yeah HotC has some good tips to... there was a post i had with even more tips some where let me find it....

WMM = Wireless MultiMedia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast