Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lately it seems like when I am on UMA & the signal gets weak and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3

UMA --> EDGE Dropped Calls...

Advertisement

Lately it seems like when I am on UMA & the signal gets weak and switches over to EDGE, the call disconnects and I get a call failed error and annoying beep. Any fix for this that anyone is aware of??

Thanks,
    Jeff

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have noticed that too! I'm using the orange version of the hand held OS.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

matt0810 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Would also love to know if there is a fix??

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    yeah, happens to me almost on a daily basis, i have wifi at work, and if i walk out of my store i can pretty much expect a failed call.

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3
    For that wifi profile make sure you have "allow inter-access point handover" checked of in the options. This fixed the UMA connection to EDGE connection for me. However when Im going from EDGE to UMA its more of a problem. But whatever helps right LOL

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Empire View Post
    For that wifi profile make sure you have "allow inter-access point handover" checked of in the options. This fixed the UMA connection to EDGE connection for me. However when Im going from EDGE to UMA its more of a problem. But whatever helps right LOL
    I'm not grasping what you did. Can you explain it a bit more
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

go to manage connections

wifi options

highlight the connection your on hit the BB key then select edit

make sure theres a check in the box next to "allow intr-access point handover

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Tried it but still NG

ewvarn no está en línea Stack level 2
    What carrier are you doing this with? And is it possible to utilize UMA with AT&T if I use another carrier's OS? I'm thinking the answer to this is 'no,' but figured I'd throw it out there anyway.

Regards

alex003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262992F4
    i always thought this happened because you were switching the type of connection you were using. HMMM... anytime i am going to make a call i turn off my WI-FI for that reason alone. Is it NOT supposed to drop the call while it switches??

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    The inter-point hand off option is completely not used for this.

It is when someone has multiple accesspoints that share the same vlan for example, and when they allow someone to hop from one place to another.

Thus, the mac address will change, but your connection will be passed from one access point to another.

A great example would be a long hallway at a hotel covered by 3 access points.
    Theoretically, you can establish a call, and walk down the hallway and back, while going from accesspoint 1, to 2, to 3, and back to 2, and back to 1, without losing your connection. The network has to be configured correctly for this, the accesspoints have to allow it, AND the client has to support/allow it (and that's what the BB option is for).

Quote Originally Posted by ventz View Post
    The inter-point hand off option is completely not used for this.

It is when someone has multiple accesspoints that share the same vlan for example, and when they allow someone to hop from one place to another.

Thus, the mac address will change, but your connection will be passed from one access point to another.

A great example would be a long hallway at a hotel covered by 3 access points.
    Theoretically, you can establish a call, and walk down the hallway and back, while going from accesspoint 1, to 2, to 3, and back to 2, and back to 1, without losing your connection. The network has to be configured correctly for this, the accesspoints have to allow it, AND the client has to support/allow it (and that's what the BB option is for).
    This is what support had me enable after experiencing that dropped call. Seem to have worked guess I was just kidding myself ha ha ha.

alex003 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    262992F4
    plus... isnt UMA calling better quality??

aldie no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by alex003 View Post
    i always thought this happened because you were switching the type of connection you were using. HMMM... anytime i am going to make a call i turn off my WI-FI for that reason alone. Is it NOT supposed to drop the call while it switches??
    there is not supposed to be a dropped call, you actually aren't supposed to notice anything at all, no beep, nothing. should be, and for me always has until recently, been a completely flawless transition.

emajor no está en línea Stack level 1
    It always drops my call rather than the seamless switch from UMA to EDGE. I would love to know if others are having this problem and if there is a fix.
    If I make a call I have to manually shut off the WIFI. Kinda of sucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast