I've had a pantronics headset for a while now but just received a jawbone as ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3

UMA doesn't work with my new Jawbone headset

Advertisement

I've had a pantronics headset for a while now but just received a jawbone as a gift. It's weird but when I try to make a call while connected to UMA I don't hear anything. It says "calling" instead of "connected." when i finally hang up the phone goes to speaker mode for a second before ending.

when i turn UMA off it works fine. when i turn the jawbone off it works fine. i even deleted the jawbone as a device and re-paired it. any ideas what's going on?

on a side note, it seems like everytime i do a batterpull, a handango preload comes on. i delete it from the service books but it always comes back when i do the batterpull. is this something i need to get used to?

thanks

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    The same thing did happen to me. I have a Moto Bluetooth headset and when I use it over UMA the signal switches over to either EDGE or GPRS. I don't really know why.
    PIN 245FEDBE
    AIM Dansnov1086

Dan

Hack173 no está en línea banned
    PIN/ID
    249E4D70
    It has something to do with both frequencies not being able to run at the same time.

gmichelson no está en línea Stack level 1
    The only thing that helped me to use UMA and Bluetooth at the same time was upgrade to 4.5 - both Motorola and Jawbone headsets I had pushed phone from UMA to EDGE or rebooted phone in the middle of conversation all together on 4.2.

Just my 2 cents ...

joninatl no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    247cdc4a
    I have no problems with my JB and UMA.. however my wifi network is set to use channel 11 while the default is 6. All other wireless routers in my neighborhood are also set to 6.
    No idea if it has any bearing or not but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Dansnov1086 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FEDBE
    I figured it had something to do with the receiver in the phone not being capable of using both bluetooth and WiFi frequencies. Good input all around.
    PIN 245FEDBE
    AIM Dansnov1086

Dan

Mobile Empire no está en línea Stack level 3
    With my Blueant I experience the same problems on UMA. However its not always like that. Funny how I just never thought of changing the channel the router runs on. Great insight on the Stacks ha ha ha. I'll do that and see if that fixes the issue.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bluetooth and WiFi are the same frequency.

You may be able to set the router to another channel like joninatl said. That may or may not help you.

B08
    B08 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242e5a17
    I have the same issue. I have no service at my apartment so I am 100% dependent on the wifi. When using the 8320 with the jawbone 2 it disconnects completely from the wifi network. But when I pair the jawbone 2 with my Nokia 6301 it works fine. I have a DLink Dir655 router which I tried changing the channel and still the same disconnecting problem. Any advice?

swalker2001 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2461c562
    Do a web search on Bluetooth Compatibility Mode and you will find your answer. Sorry I don't have time to post details right now...

jaymzb0nd no está en línea Stack level 3
    thanks guys. bluetooth worked fine with my plantronics headset before i got the jawbone. i think all this might not matter because i haven't been able to find the jawbone since friday

B08
    B08 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    242e5a17
    So I fixed the bluetooth+UMA problem by installing v4.5 on my curve