I have a problem with the quality of of phone calls with UMA. I have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rwcohen no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204CA3A1

UMA call quality, 8900

Advertisement

I have a problem with the quality of of phone calls with UMA. I have an older Belkin g router and while I can easily connect, my phone quality is like a bad cell call. I live in an apartment and I never go out of range. Do I need to upgrade the router or just tweak the settings?

Thanks for the help

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    The only time I have a problem is when I'm downloading heavily on my PC and eating up bandwidth. It is possible that it could be the router. Have you tried going UMA at another hotspot? This would rule out your device or software if it works great.

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3
    IP voice calls only require 64kb/s so I doubt its your network.

take into consideration that data and voice IP transfers is based on end-to-end connectivity. when you browse the web, or make voice call, your connection makes dozens and dozens of network hops. any kind of congestion, delay, jitter in any one of the networks handling your call can affect your call quality.

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is a UMA Guide on CB... I prefer LinkSys routers, and I think most of the images you will see here are LinkSys as well... I've never had a problem with call quality using those routers.