Been having problems lately with the handoff from uma to edge anytime im on uma ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3

Uma and edge handoff

Advertisement

Been having problems lately with the handoff from uma to edge anytime im on uma and I switch off to edge I drop the call its also the same if im in edge and switch off to uma anybody else having this problem.

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    yeah i used to have that problem what i did (since i dont have hotspot @ home) is just have my settings at mobile network preferred
    with this setting being at mobile network preferred i always am connected through the edge network unless if i manually connect to a network and start the uma connection

how to mess around with that option
    Options > Mobile Network > Connection Preference

see what your current settings at and we'll go off from there

I use the UMA at work and home but thats pretty much it. Under my connections I have WI-FI Preffered and network seletion mode is automatic

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    Have u tried tweaking the router settings?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

fatsoomeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA7EFA
    if you have a tmo connection at home and work i would change it to the mobile network preferred connection so then you avoid the automatic UMA connection

but the only problem Ive had with that so far is that when Im on the browser it goes through the network unless if I have connected to an available wifi network
    but I no longer have the automatic UMA network I have to initiate it myself

yea that kinda seems like a pain fatsoomeed then ill have to change my options everytime im at home or at work. Just kinda sucks that there aint an easier way to do this. And yes Melissa we have tried tweeking the router just due to the fact that I work for a T-Mobile independent agent and we all use the 8320 and we are all having the same problem unfortunatlly. And when I talked top C/C they said it is a known problem for the Curve