I recently got an 8900, installed the latest OS I found on here (v4.6.1.206, Orange ... BlackBerry Curve forum

adam917 no está en línea Stack level 3

Question UK English support?

Advertisement

I recently got an 8900, installed the latest OS I found on here (v4.6.1.206, Orange UK) and wonder why I don't have English (UK) selectable in the Language (Localisation) menu. I see many other languages but under English, I see 'English' and 'English (United States)'? When I updated the OS, I made sure that English UK was selected and checked again afterwards and it is showing up in the Desktop Manager but not on the unit itself.

Any other 8900 users wish to chime in here? Could it be a branding issue (I have a T-Mobile USA unit, though my old 8320 has the dialect in question just fine)?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    My best guess is that since it is a UK OS you loaded onto the phone the "English" you see is English UK and the "English (United States)" is obviously what it says. Can't say 100 percent sure since I don't have access to an 8900 at this moment but i believe it is reversed on a US 8900 (English UK shows up and English United States just says English. Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_gauge View Post
    My best guess is that since it is a UK OS you loaded onto the phone the "English" you see is English UK and the "English (United States)" is obviously what it says. Can't say 100 percent sure since I don't have access to an 8900 at this moment but i believe it is reversed on a US 8900 (English UK shows up and English United States just says English. Hope it helps.
    Well, it seems that 'English' actually is American English (the date is still in month-day-year order and 'Localisation' is 'Language' in the menu).
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

In case anyone wonders, I never solved the problem even after de-installing & re-installing the OS. The most I seem to have is the input & voice dialling files selectable as 'English (United Kingdom)' but not the 'Language' setting itself. Do any UK 8900 users have this problem? What about users of other branded units like Rogers? Can you choose 'English (United Kingdom)' under 'Language' without a problem?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~