I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but every so often my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Bolomite no está en línea Stack level 2

Uh oh...Trackball problems

Advertisement

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but every so often my trackball refuses to scroll down. If I tap my BB around a bit it seems to fix it. Whats going on? Its almost as if something was under my trackball. How do I fix this?

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    sorry to hear you have had issues with the trackball Bolomite. It happens from time to time. Just like a mouse ball the track ball can get junk in it. I would either just call your carrier and get an exchange or follow this thread for cleaning the trackball. Hope it helps.

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I had the same problem a few months back, called t-mobile and they sent me out a replacment curve. Mine would also have this grinding sound when I tried to scroll down, felt like really fine pieces of sand under the ball. Or sometimes the ball would just stick, and when I force it down, I could see little scratches on the ball from it rubbing on what ever was in there. Just call and get it replaced, its not worth risking (in my opinion) taking it apart to try and clean the track ball, lots of little pieces and they don't go back together as easy as they come out.

bacidath no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same problem but went with the try to clean it route. And yes the pieces are very small and mine liked to jump... ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Bolomite no está en línea Stack level 2
    Yeah I think I will just have them replace it. It sounds like it is the more prudent route

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Mine did it to I had the phone replaced. It may be a design flaw.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jonesjj no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have that problem a few times a month. I lock the keyboard keys then while pressing down on on the ball roll it around. That usually fixes my problem.