Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Another upgrader from the Pearl here and during my first day with the Curve, I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2

Typing on the Curve vs Pearl

Advertisement

Another upgrader from the Pearl here and during my first day with the Curve, I found typing on the keyboard a bit challenging. The full keyboard was one of the big reasons for my upgrading, but I'm having difficulty with the small size of the keys...I have a hard time not hitting surrounding keys while typing...and my fingers arent huge. About how long did it take you ex-Pearl users to fully transition to the Curve's keyboard?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Typing on the Curve vs Pearl

Took about a week to get proficient. Then it gets a lot better as time passes. I still hit a few off keys, but that is what spell check is for.

Then I got the seidio hybrid case and then had to re-learn since it changes hand position a little bit.

takadante no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24B2C963

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

1 day of writing 30 emails and about 450 text messages. And a few I'm messages.

jhaebre no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask

I think it might have taken me a few days to get use to the keys. But even now I have to watch myself with the space bar. It like I play with my Pearl on the weekend and I feel so retarded typing on it now.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803

Arrow Re: Typing on the Curve vs Pearl

Well, from when I picked it up I was smooth sailing! But I do understand about the cramped keypad! It could be better but like others have said it does get better with time. I find that I got really good at it in about 2 weeks! Flying through emails and what not. The problem is people want small size and full qwerty, but there is always a trade off ya know. Full qwerty phones that people don't complain about the keypad usually have a device the size of a freaking book! hA!!! All in all try to slow down the typing a bit and actually figure where your finger needs to land to hit what key. I noticed that i don't actually hit the key with a certain part of my thumbs like I had thought. Once I figured that out I was typing with better accuracy.

xtasyboi_00 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    PM

Oh man trust me youll get used to it..The only change i noticed is when i am writing informal messages, i would end up using "R - instead of Are" "U- instead of You" "Y- instead of Why" with the pearl i always have the full words..

Murfunit no está en línea Stack level 2

How about adjusting in reverse? Going from a Curve to a Pearl?

I'm currently using a Curve with AT&T but I really don't like the network. The only thing keeping me from going back to Verizon is the lack of a BB with a camera and full QWERTY keyboard.

if I go to a Pearl how hard will the learning curve be?

AviatorJud no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Murfunit View Post
    How about adjusting in reverse? Going from a Curve to a Pearl?

I'm currently using a Curve with AT&T but I really don't like the network. The only thing keeping me from going back to Verizon is the lack of a BB with a camera and full QWERTY keyboard.

if I go to a Pearl how hard will the learning curve be?
    The larger and fewer keys mean that it's easier to be accurate when hitting the keys, but you have to either use multi-tap(slow) or suretype(similar to T-9 on standard phones). Suretype is pretty good but also very annoying at times, especially if you are used to a full qwerty. You should go spend some time with one in the store before making the decision.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

one week for me too

i found myself hitting the E key twice to get an R for the first couple of days

then, right before i bought my C2, i switched back to the pearl (for about a week) and geez, i was cursing the dang suretype in less than a day...

afurnas no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Yeah I upgraded from the pearl and same thing, it took about a week and a half but man I will never go back. The pearl was my first berry so I really never had complaints about suretype... Until this past weekend when I had to setup my girlfriend and I was cursing all the way through!Via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sure type is no comparrison to t9, way better. I had to set up my moms razor yesterday, talk about cursing! Anyway, I have been playing with the curve for over a month and still can't get used to the full keyboard. I can bang out im's email and sms like nothing!

wrxboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    R.I.P

Practice, Practice, Pratice!!!!!
    WRXBOI
    wrxboi69@googlewave.com

hcheun no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rogernmonica View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~sure type is no comparrison to t9, way better. I had to set up my moms razor yesterday, talk about cursing! Anyway, I have been playing with the curve for over a month and still can't get used to the full keyboard. I can bang out im's email and sms like nothing!
    I totally agree, i don't like T9 anymore, can't have a regular phone to do txt msg's anymore. need a full qwerty keyboard. Though im not a big fan of SureType, it is better!

carmover no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A059B4

A few days here I went from a 7130 to an iPhone(YUCK) then back to a Curve but like others have said the more you use it the better you get. I tried setting up my wife's new Pearl and Suretype was throwing me for a loop after not using it for a while.

dpredovich no está en línea Stack level 1

Is there a way to turn off suretype so that multi tap is the entry method?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast