I have had this problem since I installed 0.8. I was advised on another message ... BlackBerry Curve forum

StormHowler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM me!

Question Twitterberry 0.9 beta does not alert

Advertisement

I have had this problem since I installed 0.8. I was advised on another message board to upgrade to 0.9 beta, which did not solve this problem. I have done battery pulls and soft resets to no avail.

Twitterberry connects through BIBS and is set to check for "tweets" every five minutes. I am able to post, so I know my Twitterberry is connecting to my data service.

My Twitter account is not linked to a cell phone at all right now, as my thoughtful carrier (Metro PCS) doesn't support short codes at this time, though they say they will by this summer.

Does Twitterberry's ability to download updates depend on the phone being linked to my Blackberry account? I wouldn't think so since I can use it to post tweets.

Thank you for any suggestions.
    Last edited by StormHowler; 04-22-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: addendum

Raphael no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by StormHowler View Post
    I have had this problem since I installed 0.8. I was advised on another message board to upgrade to 0.9 beta, which did not solve this problem. I have done battery pulls and soft resets to no avail.

Twitterberry connects through BIBS and is set to check for "tweets" every five minutes. I am able to post, so I know my Twitterberry is connecting to my data service.

My Twitter account is not linked to a cell phone at all right now, as my thoughtful carrier (Metro PCS) doesn't support short codes at this time, though they say they will by this summer.

Does Twitterberry's ability to download updates depend on the phone being linked to my Blackberry account? I wouldn't think so since I can use it to post tweets.

Thank you for any suggestions.
    When you say alert, are you talking about like a notification via a tone or vibration on your BlackBerry?

Your phone has nothing to do with how updates are being received from your phone in terms of having to be linked.

To be honest, I haven't had this problem but I'm not a fan of the beta version of TwitterBerry. The overall updating tweets with the beta is a little troublesome for me I find.

Have you considered trying out ÜberTwitter? The program itself is in beta but it appears to be a promising program for the BlackBerry over the course of the few days I've been using it already.

StormHowler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM me!
    I finally got TwitterBerry to alert me by setting it to run in the background. I disabled it in the first ten minutes because I still have to manually go to the timeline and there's no way to shut off the blinking LED.

I tried Ubertwitter, but it wouldn't connect, as it doesn't support BIS.

iHbsbA no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use UberTwitter with no problems. I do not have BES on my phone, only BIS.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I tried Uber but was never able to connect to it.... I have Yatca which fills my inbox nicely, but not what I am looking for ... but its working for now.