Question for all of those are well versed in Twitter apps. I have been using ... BlackBerry Curve forum

siver no está en línea Stack level 3

Twitter - Uber Twitter or RIM Twitter

Advertisement

Question for all of those are well versed in Twitter apps. I have been using Uber Twitter for quite some time and d/l'ed the RIM application earlier this evening. Now I have both of them on my BB.

So here's my dilemma...I love the RIM interface and everything the RIM Twitter does, but I'm used to Uber Twitter. There are some nice features on the Uber Twitter that the RIM Twitter doesn't have or at least, that I haven't found. Do I keep them both or delete the Uber Twitter and give RIM Twitter a shot? Will I be able to d/l the Uber Twitter again (if I miss it too much)? Understanding RIM Twitter is a beta app...I'm really confused, so looking for opinions to you all.

Many thanks in advance.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    If you like Uber, then stick with it. I personally used Uber then switched to the RIM client and really liked it so Im sticking with it for now. Just go with whatever suits your needs the best.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I like UberTwitter... I guess I'll wait until RIM's Twitter becomes Official and see what the reviews look like... I can wait, mainly because I'm happy with UberTwitter.

DinaDivas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21e357ef
    Uber twitter is Good
    but
    Just installed RIM beta Twittter App, today, looks pretty good, but Tweet not faster than UB,
    Overall I like the Twitter app from RIM.,

But I will Switching to UB
    MyTwitter
    Myfacebook
    Dougherty 9700 --> Pin : 21E357EF
    Glad be Your Friend

siver no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for the opinions. I'm still sort of stuck with decision making...still, it seems silly to have both installed, so I'll give it a couple of days and then see.

Question though, on the RIM Beta, when you're trying to add someone in the tweet, using the @ symbol, there is no list like there is on Uber Twitter, that pops up. Or is there and I'm missing it? I just can't remember all the names and I find this a huge "sticking" point to staying with Uber.

riff_raff no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    26853B59
    I personally prefer RIM's client to UT if for no other reason than NO ADS!

shershah no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by riff_raff View Post
    I personally prefer RIM's client to UT if for no other reason than NO ADS!
    and Having NO ADS is good.

dunit902 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Your missing it. I only usedd the rim client and love that feature.

c0de no está en línea Stack level 2
    I used Uber for a long time.. but not fully switched into RIM's it suits my needs.. not ads, looks good, and pushes notifications for DMs.. I have also noticed that it's better on my battery and intergrates nicely with my inbox (can get notifications in BB inbox so no need to have Twitter shortcut up front)

this reminds me! i should probably delete Uber Twitter!

c0de no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by siver View Post
    Question though, on the RIM Beta, when you're trying to add someone in the tweet, using the @ symbol, there is no list like there is on Uber Twitter, that pops up. Or is there and I'm missing it? I just can't remember all the names and I find this a huge "sticking" point to staying with Uber.
    I have version 1.0.0.45 and it has that feature, I just type in @ anywhere while composing a tweet and it pops up a list and autofills as i type the username.

One thing i hate about RIM's Twitter app is the way it RT and Quotes.. i liked how Uber did it, but now got used to editing the "Quote" to make it look like i want.

Techie_Jr no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile

I think just about any twitter app is better than Blackberry's native one, sad to say. I always suggest people try out SocialScope if you can get an invite. I started on Ubertwitter (which has now become UberSocial) and since I (finally) got my invite to join SocialScope I've never looked back. It allows you to track both your Facebook and twitter feeds from the same app. And before you say, "Oh, I'd never want that," you can also break them apart and look at them separately. Another great feature I like is that you can create "socialscope groups" which allow you to follow both FB people/pages and twitter followers in the same group. The only thing is that it's in beta so you've gotta apply for an invite and wait til they give you one. You can follow them on twitter too @socialscope.