Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been looking & looking for a FREE app that will let you watch tv ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

TV for BB

Advertisement

I've been looking & looking for a FREE app that will let you watch tv episodes & such via your BB device...i've seen the primetime2go (pay), slingplayer (have to have a slingbox), videos4bb (you have to dl to pc then to device), etc etc etc....is there nothing comparable to fancast/hulu/imeem for a BB???

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Here's the mobile NBC link.
    Works great on my Storm.

http://www.nbc.com/Mobile/
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Here is the quick launch icon for NBC

http://m.nbc.com/bbicon.html

Im going to look around for some other networks

Edit
    Im getting a 403 access forbidden error going over 3g on AT&T on my bold when i try to watch nbc tried 5 different shows, older and newer.. think its an att thing or need to be on wifi?
    Last edited by rashard; 06-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

thestewside no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256C11B1
    I had no idea this site existed. Shows are playing on my 8900.
    ATT EDGE network.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am getting the same error message on my 8900

Quote Originally Posted by rashard View Post
    Here is the quick launch icon for NBC

http://m.nbc.com/bbicon.html

Im going to look around for some other networks

Edit
    Im getting a 403 access forbidden error going over 3g on AT&T on my bold when i try to watch nbc tried 5 different shows, older and newer.. think its an att thing or need to be on wifi?

automan69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I am getting the 403 you are forbidden to watch...? Why? I'm on telus 8330 os 4.5.0.160 don't not know why this is. Is it only for USA res and not for Canada.

elacogdhs no está en línea Stack level 2
    I get the same error automan. I am on Tmobile in USA.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Yeah im in the usa as well, and thought maybe it was a glitch but im stilling getting it

I forgot to test it on the wifi at home

But i cant seem to get bb browser or media player to play as if they were on wifi. maybe need to try it on opera
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

michaelajones no está en línea Stack level 1

It depends on where you are, I think

I have a BlackBerry Bold, and I have always had the avail of just about any TV channel, including most cable channels, but I do live in the US. AT&T put a "Cingular Video" link on my Bold, and I can see tons of TV stations there, including SciFi, Comedy Central, NBC, ABC, CBS and others; just about any TV station you can think of. However, I think some mobile carriers have blocked the stream, in other countries, including Canada.

I think the best thing to do is seek out all of the TV stations, Google them for a link and see if you can find a direct streaming link or a 'Mobile' link. If it is a clean link, you should be able to stream through the browser. Unfortunately, a lot of stations are building custom programs to view their telecasts, (because the commercials get cut out or something), with little pop-up banner commercials on the side. That's okay with me, as long as I can watch "My Name Is Earl" anywhere, anytime.

Really, it is like the BBC blocking BBC TV from us in the US. My wife is a British citizen and she wishes she could watch BBC TV here. We have to settle for BBCAmerica, which should be called the "British Jerry Springer Channel". Oh, yeah! Outside of the news, which is available on PBS anyway, BBCAmerica mostly shows slutty housewife shows, DIY everything, and footballer's wife shows. It has some great cop shows and The New Doctor Who, but mostly, BBCAmerica shows trashy junk. It is embarrassing for my wife and her mother.

It is one thing to block content for licensing reasons, but another to sell you unlimited internet and then block you from using bandwidth to watch TV, which seems criminal.

TV stations need to change with the times. If you want to stick in a commercial, do it, but let me watch my shows on my phone. Especially with the analog to digital switchover in a few weeks. People might just watch their TV on their phone and not buy a new TV set.

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelajones View Post

I think the best thing to do is seek out all of the TV stations, Google them for a link and see if you can find a direct streaming link or a 'Mobile' link. If it is a clean link, you should be able to stream through the browser. Unfortunately, a lot of stations are building custom programs to view their telecasts, (because the commercials get cut out or something), with little pop-up banner commercials on the side. That's okay with me, as long as I can watch "My Name Is Earl" anywhere, anytime.

Thats what were talking about here is the NBC mobile site

I have CV but its pretty junky over 3G and i cant get it work on wifi. (yet everything else does)

rugmankc no está en línea Stack level 2
    Playing an NBC video crashes my 8900 over wifi at home.

Will try over edge later.

Ken
    Phones Owned: Nokia 6200; Nokia 6126 2ea; 8700g; 8900; Carrier-Cincinnati Bell: Future Bold Owner

PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    oh good thought i had a problem lol, CV is freezing up my bold the video starts skipping and flashing green and then about 20 seconds later I cant get it to do anything and have to battery pull, on 3g even

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Here's the mobile NBC link.
    Works great on my Storm.

http://www.nbc.com/Mobile/
    SVT, how in the heck are you getting it to work on your Storm? I've tried everything and still get the error 403 message?

SVT Cobra no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by gusgus413 View Post
    SVT, how in the heck are you getting it to work on your Storm? I've tried everything and still get the error 403 message?
    Dunno my friend.
    It just does?!

I haven't done anything other than going to the site and clicking the videos.
    "Nowhere am I so desperately needed as among a shipload of illogical Humans." (Spock)

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT Cobra View Post
    Dunno my friend.
    It just does?!

I haven't done anything other than going to the site and clicking the videos.

Dang that stinks lol ive tried everything to get it to work, oh well what can ya do right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast