Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Oh yeah forgot to mention that your blue bb looks really nice. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~... BlackBerry Curve forum

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Oh yeah forgot to mention that your blue bb looks really nice.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks , heres the yellow

after seeing my gf's metallic blue one and comparing it to my yellow...i think i prefer the blue or even the white one i did a little while ago.
    i think the next case i do, im going to copy her method and just paint the entire back panel
    the yellow turned out OK but I think im retired from cases....................for now
    Last edited by LLc0oLJ; 05-13-2008 at 10:01 PM.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Post your pimped out plackberries here!:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=73090

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3
    I like the taxi cab look. I might have to copy that.but I think green is the only color I haven't seen yet. So I will probably do that.

pNoyz3Ro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244A4B08
    Wow, yellow looks amazingly awesome!

I currently have the Red 8310 but I want to paint it more of a candy apple red but I dont want to risk it, not good enough and I sure as hell dont want to dish out $100. I guess my dreams will stay a dream..

Loving your BB Curves so far!

Quote Originally Posted by phatmanxxl View Post
    I want my BB to glow in the dark

lol yeah that'd be sick

Quote Originally Posted by devingiles View Post
    Yeah I need to redo mine. Because I'm not satisfied. But don't feel like going through the hassle. I will probably do a green or something different, haven't decided. Any suggestions?
    green should turn out really nice. my gf wanted to do another case that was a light metallic lime green but we havent been able to find a spray paint like that. tamiya has a huge selection of paint colors you can check out on their website. even a darker metallic green. we will probably end up getting their light green and put a pearl gloss coat over it.

cherylhandy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31017CDF
    My very sweet puppy got a hold of my phone and she managed to get some bit marks around the antenna cover (the pc. Near the bottom in the center which has my service provider logo on it) she also got the top right corner. Is there a place to order the housing? How hard is it to change? If it can b done is the detailed step by step directions in which I can use to do it without taking it and having someone else to do it. I am very green to BB I have only had this one since Dec.of 07.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Do you really have to sand it down? I don't mind doing so but i was just curious; what if i don't? would the paint not stick? can I use a black paint with gloss already included? i used it on some black faded ornaments i used to have and now they're all shiny and nice .

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    oh yeah i forgot to add. I'm thinking about painting it Ferrari red. But i'm still unsure about that too. lol

I've never used paint that had gloss included.. but the point of the clear coat is to PROTECT the paint itself.

I would definitely recommend sanding it down a bit. Putting more layers of paint on your phone just make it bulkier.. know what I mean? It might not be noticeable, but the sanding also helps the primer stick better.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Thanks for the reply i guess i have to sand it down. Im so tired of sanding my firebird i know have to sand this bad boy lol.

It shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes for a good job. I think it took me around 10.. because I was doing it in really bad lighting and I had my "tools" spread on a bead, lol.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by cherylhandy View Post
    My very sweet puppy got a hold of my phone and she managed to get some bit marks around the antenna cover (the pc. Near the bottom in the center which has my service provider logo on it) she also got the top right corner. Is there a place to order the housing? How hard is it to change? If it can b done is the detailed step by step directions in which I can use to do it without taking it and having someone else to do it. I am very green to BB I have only had this one since Dec.of 07.
    Cheryl, you can get a housing at a couple of different places. A lot of people (myself included) have had experience with www.cnn.cn. They are in China so it takes awhile to get your replacement housing, but their quality and service seem to be very good.

There is a video tutorial available on how to disassemble the device which I'll find and add to this post for you.

::EDIT:: Cheryl, here is the thread that contains instructions and a video for disassembling your device. Good luck!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ad.php?t=48545

Its pretty easy, just be careful not to sand down the edges of ur antenna cap that parts easy to mess up, also i recommend a primer coat 1 solid main coat and a 2nd touch up coat, try using model paint tamiya from a hobby store worked really well alot better then the krylon I 1st used, also i recommend a gloss coat it makes it alot shinyer good luck!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast