Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

i painted my curve a few weeks ago after reading this thread and thought "wth ... BlackBerry Curve forum

homer1475 no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

i painted my curve a few weeks ago after reading this thread and thought "wth this cant be that hard". It wasnt hard to do or get the case apart, but let me give some advice if u plan on using the Krylon Fusion spray paint......

if u plan on using krylon fusion paint.... DONT USE A PRIMER... the paint will slide off no matter how long u let it dry. The fusion paint is designed so it "fuses" with the plastic. I made this mistake and i had to sand, rub, use a toothbrush with mineral spirits, anything i could do to get the piant/primer off. it cost me a nice blue paint job but didnt come out bad. Also if you use the fusion paint make sure to give it 48 hours to properly dry, otherwise it stays tacky for a couple days and will stick inside the case when it gets warm(like sitting out in the sunlight gets the case warm)

2 coats goes a long way and the fusion paint is thick so dont overdo it.

if i was to do this again i would prolly suggest using a good quality model paint designed specifically for plastics with a primer and clear coat.
    Last edited by homer1475; 04-23-2008 at 11:24 AM.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    i painted my curve a few weeks ago after reading this thread and thought "wth this cant be that hard". It wasnt hard to do or get the case apart, but let me give some advice if u plan on using the Krylon Fusion spray paint......

if u plan on using krylon fusion paint.... DONT USE A PRIMER... the paint will slide off no matter how long u let it dry. The fusion paint is designed so it "fuses" with the plastic. I made this mistake and i had to sand, rub, use a toothbrush with mineral spirits, anything i could do to get the piant/primer off. it cost me a nice blue paint job but didnt come out bad. Also if you use the fusion paint make sure to give it 48 hours to properly dry, otherwise it stays tacky for a couple days and will stick inside the case when it gets warm(like sitting out in the sunlight gets the case warm)

2 coats goes a long way and the fusion paint is thick so dont overdo it.

if i was to do this again i would prolly suggest using a good quality model paint designed specifically for plastics with a primer and clear coat.

Not to be rude or anything, the Krylon Fusion branded paint wasn't so thick when I used it. Were you standing really close to the housing when you painted it? I made the mistake of standing really close when I first spray painted my pink housing. (Mine came out really thick and uneven and was dripping as well.) When I did the baby blue one(the 2nd housing I've painted), I stood a little farther and sprayed it very quickly. It was almost like I was airbrushing it.

I agree with you about using a better quality model paint since my baby blue one didn't come out as glossy as I would have liked it to be. It was very nicely sanded AND painted, but even after 2-3 coats of gloss, it still wasn't very shiny. Well, I'm going to keep on experimenting. My bf just bought me very good quality paint. All I need now is the housing
    Last edited by Kyo0tdemon; 04-24-2008 at 07:16 PM.

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3
    Here is my blue blackberry.. I used krylon fusion. But on one portion, near the top right edge of the screen, I became too impatient and I started peeling away the tape, and it sort of messed up.. But I'm going to order some faceplates from cnn and paint them different colors, so I can interchange my phone when I want.
    Attached Images Attached Images

RaHz no está en línea Stack level 1
    jus had a quick question, i hav a curve 8310 and am planning on buying a housing and painting it. I looked on cnn.cn and if u read the details for the housing it says there only compatible with the 8300 and 8320. will these still work with my 8310? if not, does anyone know a site where i could buy a housing for my 8310?

thanks

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by RaHz View Post
    jus had a quick question, i hav a curve 8310 and am planning on buying a housing and painting it. I looked on cnn.cn and if u read the details for the housing it says there only compatible with the 8300 and 8320. will these still work with my 8310? if not, does anyone know a site where i could buy a housing for my 8310?

thanks
    What it says is that it is ALSO compatible with the 8300 and 8320, not ONLY. Well, it doesn't actually READ that way, but that is what it means.

You should be good to go.

These guys are cheaper than cnn and located in British Columbia.

http://www.gsm4world.us/shop/blackberry-m-8.html

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    What it says is that it is ALSO compatible with the 8300 and 8320, not ONLY. Well, it doesn't actually READ that way, but that is what it means.

You should be good to go.

Yeah, the housings for the 8300, 8320 and 8310 ARE THE SAME.

That link I just posted for gsm4world.us.....looks like they ship out of Hong Kong, but the prices are definitely cheaper. A full crimson housing at cnn.cn is 52.99, but it's 43.99 on this site.

They could use a little help on their translations, though. LOL!

Click on the "About Us" link and take a read......

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Oh yeah, the english used in the about us page is not that great. Although the products on the page look good for the price, site looks kinda fake. Its dated back to 2005, its either it was not updated, or made to seem older then it really is. I am thinking about getting a few trackballs and replancement lemses nd just might give this a try!

Did any of you guys get any feedbck from users on the site, any of you have personally tried the service, nd if so, how was it?
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

I purchased my housing from cnn.cn and have no experience with the other one. Can't speak for anyone else, but you can always be our "guinea pig" and let us know how it works out! The price difference is definitely worth the shot.

Seriously, I think the 2005 just means that's when the site was initially created and hasn't been update since. We could send them a little user feedback and let them know they need a little help. On the other hand, cnn.cn seems to have updated their site a couple of times since I bought my housing.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    anyone know if 8330 and 83xx cases ect are compatible?

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    ^ It does not look like it. However, until we see a case in person.. we won't know.

You can see subtle little differences with the 8330 case, like the "call" and "End call" buttons being shaped differently, the status LED looks a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by LLc0oLJ View Post
    anyone know if 8330 and 83xx cases ect are compatible?

They are not compatible. This was mentioned in a thread somewhere. The 8300, 8310 and 8320 housings are compatible with one another. Unfortunately, the 8330 is on its own.

Just2good4u3434 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Is it possible to paint the chrome pieces? Like on the side rails and the battery cover?

I just ordered new black housing off of eBay for my Pearl 8100 and I want to paint my current red housing white. I was wondering about the lens piece...is it possible to paint the lens white without painting the screen portion?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast