Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Word!... BlackBerry Curve forum

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Word!

Got my housing in today will sand and paint 1st / 2nd coat takin pics of the process too, wish me luck sorry ssnxp, imma have to bite ur white :/

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    ^ It's cool, the highest form of flattery is imitation, right? Haha goodluck, take your time and make it clean!

Heres what I have so far:
    Sanding:

didnt know if i sanded it too far down but it looks fine, dont know if it makes a diff but just wanted to be safe.

Painting:

3 coats, Tired to make a light coat, I guess we'll have to see how it is when it fully drys.

Gloss:

2 coats of gloss

Waiting game...

custom Costco Chicken Alfredo Painting center.........

Update: few mins after pic was taken, wind blew it over it did some damage but want too bad , probaly gonna do another white cover again, since this was my 1st time and i can learn from all my mistakes, and maybe try to wet sand, just couldnt find such a high grit, waiting for the gloss coat to dry and the tool to take the oem cover off to come in then ill post pics of the finished product
    Last edited by LLc0oLJ; 04-18-2008 at 07:53 PM.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    I think i'm gonna do this. I can't decide, do I want to do white or flat black? I think I will go to WalMart to get all the stuff;sandpaper,blue painters tape,spray paint. They will have all this right? I'm not a big walmart person

yea thats where i got mine

How much are you guys payin for the extra cases? Whats the cheapest

^ I think I got mine for like 30 bucks shipped on Ebay. I can't remember. But it didn't come with the antenna piece. Nice work so far!

townslo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I wold recommend getting an OEM case, I heard that the faceplates from cnn.cn aren't TRULY OEM but they work fine. I got a can for 3-5$ from Hobby People.
    I bought a faceplate and battery cover from cnn.cn and it was worthless because the screws for the faceplate wouldn't stay screwed in, basically they were stripped before I got to them. Since I painted it before trying to put it together to make sure it would work I couldn't send it back, oh well, I ended up painting my original faceplate and used their battery cover.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by townslo View Post
    I bought a faceplate and battery cover from cnn.cn and it was worthless because the screws for the faceplate wouldn't stay screwed in, basically they were stripped before I got to them. Since I painted it before trying to put it together to make sure it would work I couldn't send it back, oh well, I ended up painting my original faceplate and used their battery cover.
    Sorry to hear about the situation, but I'm glad your housing came out looking good. Clean job!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I like it! Cute. What are those circle looking things on the top of your screen? Reflection? Stickers?

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I like it! Cute. What are those circle looking things on the top of your screen? Reflection? Stickers?
    Lol, I didn't have the lens placed back on it. I had my bf put on the housing and refused to let him take apart my lens and stick it on the newly painted one. I'm loving it, too, but I'm probably going to give that one to him. I'm either going to paint another housing... the color that you have yours (and bite off you) or, I'm contemplating colors that other stackers want to see done.

Quote Originally Posted by townslo View Post
    That is one sexy looking bb.

AngeliciousDeli no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good look with the colours. I'm not creative in terms of this stuff, but I think I may give this a go. Probably with some help from a friend

Will have a look at buying housing and go from there.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast