Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hmm, let me find out when I get ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hmm, let me find out when I get home to my desktop. I don't use Opera Mini. I like my current browser. Lol. Well, I could email the photos to myself, get on my desktop and then use photobucket. I just wanted to do it directly from my bb, for convenience. Lol. Anyhow,back to your thread, I like your white Curve.
    Thank you!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I haven't had a chance to go on my desktop. Here's the best I can do from my bb. As promised,
    That's exactly what I meant by linking it from your bb! :P Looks great. I want to see it assembled..

Quote Originally Posted by LLc0oLJ View Post
    what do you mean sand the og paint with the 320 grit? does the og paint come off pretty easily? Ive never sanded anything b4 so im pretty terrified, but i bought the housing off ebay and will get to work as soon as it comes in, good choice on white , its the new black! and it complements the keypad really well
    Basically just take the sandpaper to the housing and sand it down. You don't need to get ALL of the paint off, just try to get the glossy smoothness off, does that make sense? You don't want it so rough that there are scratches, but enough that it isn't super smooth, so the primer/paint will stick better.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    Came out real nice ssnxp
    Good work!

^ Thanks Lavagirl! And you'll probably be happy to hear.. I'm giving up my iPhone today. Already wiped all my information off of it, and popped my sim into a little Samsung.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava
    ^^I'll go pop open a bottle of champagne now....
    Woohoo! He finally came to his senses.... :-P

^ Well I've been on the fence for a while now, I've forced myself not to use the iPhone for a few days. Just getting myself prepared. Theres been an emergency and my close friend lost his iPhone.. So I'm giving him mine. I'm not gonna lie.. I'm gonna miss it a little bit.

But now I have a white Curve!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Oooh, that's what you meant. I will try to assemble it and then take pics. Hmm, I guess this time, I'll have to use a digital camera. Otherwise, I'll have to think of something else. (Borrowing my sister's Nokia, taking pics of my assembled phone, mms'ing myself, saving the pic to my phone, emailing my pics to photobucket, copying and pasting the links to a blank email, copying all the links together, getting back on PS and pasting all the links together). Lol. I've got it memorized. I'll keep ya updated.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Oh, I forgot to add, mine came out perfecto. I sanded it down with really rough sand paper and then used really fine sand paper to even it all out. I put many thin coats of paint on it. It was more like airbrushing. Lastly, I put a few coats of gloss, too.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I sanded the og housing completely until it was bare (dark grey). I found this to essential as when I painted my other housing, it came out a bit uneven since I didn't sand it evenly (in other words, parts of it was sanded all the way down whereas other parts still had the grey, but no gloss). I'm just saying...

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Holy!
    SSNXP that looks amazng
    Props on a veeeerrry smooth paint job and a beautiful looking curve

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    nice cant wait to see how ur turned out, so i guess sand with rough sand paper 1st to get the majority of the paint off, and thin to even it out can you tell me the grit you used?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Oooh, that's what you meant. I will try to assemble it and then take pics. Hmm, I guess this time, I'll have to use a digital camera. Otherwise, I'll have to think of something else. (Borrowing my sister's Nokia, taking pics of my assembled phone, mms'ing myself, saving the pic to my phone, emailing my pics to photobucket, copying and pasting the links to a blank email, copying all the links together, getting back on PS and pasting all the links together). Lol. I've got it memorized. I'll keep ya updated.
    Haha I'm glad to hear yours turned out nice also, but don't you have a computer?!

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangPearl View Post
    Holy!
    SSNXP that looks amazng
    Props on a veeeerrry smooth paint job and a beautiful looking curve
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LLc0oLJ View Post
    nice cant wait to see how ur turned out, so i guess sand with rough sand paper 1st to get the majority of the paint off, and thin to even it out can you tell me the grit you used?
    I used 320, mostly because that was the lowest grit I could find. I hear that people use sandpaper that's anywhere from 300 to 400 for the initial sanding.

loscangris no está en línea Stack level 1
    My curve looks better

loscangris no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just bought a new silver faceplate and replaced it over a titanium one from tmobile , while I was at it I also changed the trackball so my phone looks better than when I bought it ! :d

Quote Originally Posted by loscangris View Post
    My curve looks better
    Great! Got pics? I don't see how changing a trackball makes it look better than when you bought it.

..Unless you bought it used.

So unless you have pics, I'm sorry, my Curve looks better.

Do you even have a Curve? 8100 = Pearl, buddy.

Mr D no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great job, I want to paint my red curve black.

So basically...

1. Put scotch tape around the parts you don't want to be painted
    2. Sand it down with 320 paper
    3. Spray it with the paint (black in this case)
    4. Let it dry
    5. Sand it again with higher grain paper
    6. Clear coat
    7. Let it dry
    8. Clear coat
    9. Wait a day or so?
    REVIEW: SEIDIO HOLSTER, BACK DOOR, RUBBERIZED CASE, BEST SKINS EVER!

Contains A LOT of pictures and if you have any questions, let me know!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast