Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I actually painted mine yesterday, SSNXP. Lol. I was reading your thread on you wanting ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

I actually painted mine yesterday, SSNXP. Lol. I was reading your thread on you wanting to paint your bb so it tempted me to do mine all over again. Note that I painted one of my housing in Brooke's old thread and I have pictures of that up there. I painted this one baby blue. I'll have pictures of it once I'm done. However, I've only painted the top housing and the antenna cover piece. I'm still waiting to get a hold of some battery covers.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    I actually painted mine yesterday, SSNXP. Lol. I was reading your thread on you wanting to paint your bb so it tempted me to do mine all over again. Note that I painted one of my housing in Brooke's old thread and I have pictures of that up there. I painted this one baby blue. I'll have pictures of it once I'm done. However, I've only painted the top housing and the antenna cover piece. I'm still waiting to get a hold of some battery covers.

Nice, I can't wait to see the pics. I just out the faceplate on my phone and took pictures, but as I plugged in the camera to transfer them to my PC.. the battery died. Lol, it's charging now.

Quote Originally Posted by devingiles View Post
    I used the krylon fusion paint for painting mine.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    They didn't carry Krylon at the places I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by crazypandas View Post
    to ssnxp, will you post pics of it once you have done the wet sanding? Great job by the way, totally makes me want to paint mine but I am nervous to. Want to keep that glossy smooth finish.
    I don't think I'm going to wet sand this one. I'm happy with it. I'll probably wet sand my next one.
    Last edited by ssnxp; 04-11-2008 at 06:34 PM.

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3
    Baby blue? That's sounds nice. Mine is a dark blue, not quite navy. But I just need to put a clear coat on the little microphone portion with the carrier logo and do the wet sanding part, which I'm kind of scared of doing. I guess it shouldn't be a problem if I get the right grade of sandpaper.

Updated with finished pics!

devingiles no está en línea Stack level 3
    Looks really nice! Why didn't you paint the portion with the carrier logo on it? And is that the iPhone that you painted white also?

Quote Originally Posted by devingiles View Post
    Looks really nice! Why didn't you paint the portion with the carrier logo on it? And is that the iPhone that you painted white also?
    Thanks! I didn't paint that part because I'm still waiting for the extra to come in the mail. I didn't paint any of my original pieces

Yea it's my iPhone, but it's just a white case. I'm way to sissy to take that thing apart, lol. Much harder.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You did it! Very very nice... I want mine to look like that. My Pearl is white and I am partial to the white. My curve needs to be white too . Did you end up fine sanding it and glossing it at the end?

Thanks! I never wet sanded it, ill probably do it in the future. I'm just wanted to take the phone out today!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Well, I haven't had time to take pictures and post it up, but I will very soon.

By the way Ssnxp, Krylon paint is sold at Walmart. That's where I got my supplies at, too. I bought the pink, the black, the baby blue as well as the clear gloss. I've already finished painting everything and glossed it. I need to wake up early, but will post up pics within the next several days. I'm stoked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I hate to tangent from your thread, but does anyone know of a prgm/app. or a way for me to upload pics from my bb directly onto PS? Perhaps I could take some pics of my baby blue bb housing and post it up via my bb tomorrow...

Have you tried Opera Mini? I heard the default BB browser doesn't work, so..

I remember reading about an application that lets you load pictures directly to photobucket or flicker, then you could just link it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hmm, let me find out when I get home to my desktop. I don't use Opera Mini. I like my current browser. Lol. Well, I could email the photos to myself, get on my desktop and then use photobucket. I just wanted to do it directly from my bb, for convenience. Lol. Anyhow,back to your thread, I like your white Curve.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Oops, I meant to say 'love'. Love, like, same thing. I want to paint more housings.

LLc0oLJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    what do you mean sand the og paint with the 320 grit? does the og paint come off pretty easily? Ive never sanded anything b4 so im pretty terrified, but i bought the housing off ebay and will get to work as soon as it comes in, good choice on white , its the new black! and it complements the keypad really well

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast