Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

hello, i need help. i have an unlocked blackberry curve using tmobile service. the oz ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mtlvsuarez no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Tutorial: How to get your T-Mobile Browser. Big thanks to kasperapd!

Advertisement

hello, i need help. i have an unlocked blackberry curve using tmobile service. the oz instantmessaging is pre-installed into my phone from at&t. would it work with the tmobile service? if not, what instant messaging service should/can i use.

thank yoU!

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mtlvsuarez
    hello, i need help. i have an unlocked blackberry curve using tmobile service. the oz instantmessaging is pre-installed into my phone from at&t. would it work with the tmobile service? if not, what instant messaging service should/can i use.

thank yoU!
    T-Mobile can also use OZ - they have an OZ gateway, and preinstall OZ messenger on most (if not all) of their phones. However I'm not positive that the version installed with the AT&T version of the BB OS is, in any way, specific to AT&T. You'd have to make sure your APN is set properly for T-Mobile: wap.voicestream.com, with username and password both blank.

If you haven't read this on the forums yet, the O2 version of the OS is the only one that gets the proper service books downloaded from T-Mobile, providing you with the standard T-Mobile browsers (Internet and WAP/T-Zones) -- you'll still probably have to set the APN yourself as described above. But then T-Mobile works beautifully with the Curve set up like this.

Re: messengers: OZ *should*, I believe, work with this setup. However you should be aware that OZ uses SMS as a message transport between your phone and the gateway. If you have unlimited messaging, that's not a problem. But if you don't, this can get very expensive very fast.

My favorite IM application is JiveTalk. It's excellent, supports multiple IM carriers (e.g., MSN/Live, Yahoo, AOL, ICQ), and works beautifully. Excellent user interface with multiple layout options as well, and it's fast and dependable. It will cost you about $20 - but in my opinion, it's well worth it to have something that works this well and is such a pleasure to use.

rambo47 no está en línea Stack level 1

I couldn't get my browsers to show up no matter what I tried. Somebody suggested getting a new SIM, which I did today, and BOOM! Both browsers showed up immediately. I didn't even have to resend my service books again.

Live4Soccer no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs up Re: Tutorial: How to get your T-Mobile Browser. Big thanks to kasperapd!

Quote Originally Posted by rambo47
    I couldn't get my browsers to show up no matter what I tried. Somebody suggested getting a new SIM, which I did today, and BOOM! Both browsers showed up immediately. I didn't even have to resend my service books again.
    I second that rambo47! I popped a new copied Sim Card into my phone after going bonkers trying to get my unlocked att curve to show a browser on t-mo and AMAZING, it worked! Nothing fancy just a new Sim Card and quick reboot and I got a browser and t-zones. It's free to do at any T-mo store and it can't hurt to try!

Good luck!

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Quote Originally Posted by Live4Soccer
    I second that rambo47! I popped a new copied Sim Card into my phone after going bonkers trying to get my unlocked att curve to show a browser on t-mo and AMAZING, it worked! Nothing fancy just a new Sim Card and quick reboot and I got a browser and t-zones. It's free to do at any T-mo store and it can't hurt to try!

Good luck!

Which os are you using 02?

Yeah, I tried the 02 software work around and no joy. So I do have the 02 os on my BB currently...maybe it's in conjunction with the 02 os that the "New Sim Card Trick" works...

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Yeah, I tried the 02 software work around and no joy. So I do have the 02 os on my BB currently...maybe it's in conjunction with the 02 os that the "New Sim Card Trick" works...
    Tell me the app version by pressing ALT+Caps+H

4.2.2.67 (150)

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Ok, it's not the new sim card it's because you guys are using o2 that's why you were able to get the browser.

When you got the new browser, they resend all the service book, that's why you were able to get the browser.

Sorry, I don't follow...

I've had the O2 os on my phone for weeks...I've reset and pulled out the battery on that thing so many times I'm surprised it still functions properly...I've resent enough service books to fill the Library of Congress...I was resigned to the fact that I was going to be without a browser until the end of September when T-Mo launches their 8300 in the US...

Something happened when I switched out the sim card that didn't happen before...I DID NOT have the ability to surf the net until I switched the Sim Card...and the ability to do so was IMIDIATELY after the Sim Card was switched...something in the new sim card "stimulated" the browser and t-zones to pop up on my phone out of the blue...maybe you need to install the O2 os for the "new sim card trick" to work, I don't know but I saw what I saw...old sim card, no internet...new sim card, internet...

Maybe a new Sim card with the O2 os saves you from having to manually send the service books, who knows, but the O2 os + New Sim Card seems to equal internet on t-mo with an unlocked 8300 where there was none before...

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

How old was ur sim card? I have had this sim card for 2 years and it worked perfect I have the browsers well try loading the new curve os and see if the browsers come out~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Sorry, I don't follow...

I've had the O2 os on my phone for weeks...I've reset and pulled out the battery on that thing so many times I'm surprised it still functions properly...I've resent enough service books to fill the Library of Congress...I was resigned to the fact that I was going to be without a browser until the end of September when T-Mo launches their 8300 in the US...

Something happened when I switched out the sim card that didn't happen before...I DID NOT have the ability to surf the net until I switched the Sim Card...and the ability to do so was IMIDIATELY after the Sim Card was switched...something in the new sim card "stimulated" the browser and t-zones to pop up on my phone out of the blue...maybe you need to install the O2 os for the "new sim card trick" to work, I don't know but I saw what I saw...old sim card, no internet...new sim card, internet...

Maybe a new Sim card with the O2 os saves you from having to manually send the service books, who knows, but the O2 os + New Sim Card seems to equal internet on t-mo with an unlocked 8300 where there was none before...
    did you try deleting all service book first, then reboot, then resend?

mystic1906 no está en línea Stack level 1

After much searching I found this post which REALLY helped especially since the Blackberry help desk didn't have a clue as to how to fix the problem. Thank you so much.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1906
    After much searching I found this post which REALLY helped especially since the Blackberry help desk didn't have a clue as to how to fix the problem. Thank you so much.
    Your very welcome, glad I can help

jikdoc no está en línea Stack level 2

i've been having a problem with the t-zones browser that hasn't been mentioned. i'm using unlocked att curve on t-mo with o2 os. after i delete the service books, register and resend, the tzones browser works for 1 session. however, if i try again i get an error that the page cant be rendered.
    in the event log it says: configuration does not match, net_rim_cldc_io_rim_impl tunnelfactorylmpl
    i also have the correct tcp settings, etc. not sure what's going on
    i'm wondering, since the curve isnt listed in the my phones section of the t-mobile website, what phone do you choose, i randomly chose the 8800. does this make a difference in what service books are sent?
    Last edited by jikdoc; 08-28-2007 at 05:19 PM.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast