Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

yea man thanks for the help!!!... BlackBerry Curve forum

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

Re: Tutorial: How to get your T-Mobile Browser. Big thanks to kasperapd!

Advertisement

yea man thanks for the help!!!

belkmarsha no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    319a5520

I am having serious problems with this. I have tried everything on every thread on this website and more. Still nothing. I can not get the web browser on my Curve to save my life. I have deleted my service books and email address a hundred times. I have wiped by devise completely I have installed and deleted the O2 program at least 5 times and also the desktop manager. Everytime I follow each step to the letter and nothing. I don't have Tzones I don't have the web browser nothing. I gave up last night and thought well if I can just download some games from Handago and just have fun with my phone that will be good enough but I wouldn't even let me install the games to my phone. The problem was with my desktop manager. I'm at a loss and I just really want this phone to work could somebody please help me!
    Last edited by belkmarsha; 08-04-2007 at 06:53 PM.

toymachinejg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24232f19

install the one that came with ur bb disk

the desktop maneger
    Last edited by toymachinejg; 08-04-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Automerged.

C.C. no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an IMAC. What can I do now? Plus the person I traded my Wing for his Curve I can't remember if he sent the software with the stuff. I'm not at home so I can't check. Any answers? Am I screwed?

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by C.C.
    I have an IMAC. What can I do now? Plus the person I traded my Wing for his Curve I can't remember if he sent the software with the stuff. I'm not at home so I can't check. Any answers? Am I screwed?

Here is the latest desktop manager...

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/service..._4dot2_sp2.jsp

fold no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240620E6

Flash, I think I found a way to get the browser and TZones icons back. I wanted to talk to you about having you test it for me, but I cannot PM you. Please PM me so I can discuss it with you. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by fold
    Flash, I think I found a way to get the browser and TZones icons back. I wanted to talk to you about having you test it for me, but I cannot PM you. Please PM me so I can discuss it with you. Thanks!
    I would love too, PM SENT

fold no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    240620E6

Still can't PM, but added you to BBM.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by fold
    Still can't PM, but added you to BBM.
    Ok sure no problem

C.C. no está en línea Stack level 1

I need something for the mac.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Just read another thread suggesting that the T-Mobile Germany version of the OS works with T-Mo USA. The OP in the thread got both browsers - but somebody else in the thread couldn't get them, and wound up going back to O2. I'm hesistant to be the next guinea pig - fun, but I've already spent too much time on this!

TMo Germany applications version is v4.2.2.90, vs the v4.2.2.67 that we have with the O2 version. The platform is 2.4.0.35, versus 2.4.0.29 with O2.

These seem to be very small incremental changes. Haven't read the release notes yet, but these are, essentially, changes in build numbers for the software, and will likely reflect a few small bug fixes (maybe significant, though, in terms of user experience).

Would be curious to know if anyone else has tried this version with T-Mobile USA, and if so, did you get both browsers and proper service books?

Also curious: is this move from O2 worth it?

Finally: does this version fix the disappearing folders issue? If so, that's worth the upgrade effort all by itself...

PIN/ID
    3319688f

O2 to me is buggy, and yes this OS has the folder issue. I'm currently using the newest OS from Vodafone, and using Opera as my browser for now.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

According to RIM they will not have a browser fix until the curve is release for tmobile. So basically, if you want a browser, then stick with o2

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    According to RIM they will not have a browser fix until the curve is release for tmobile. So basically, if you want a browser, then stick with o2
    Ahh! First I had heard that RIM actually acknowledged this.

Still curious why the version for O2 works when others won't...

Also curious about mbusaboi's reported experience with the 4.2.2.90 / platform 2.4.0.35 release for T-Mobile Germany (which nobody else has replicated yet?).

Still wondering whether we can also do something like swap the net_rim_bb_sbinjector_lib.cod file (that's the one that appears to have the WAP gateway / browser info in it, with references to T-Zones and several other carrier's WAP sites / gateways) from the O2 version to the other OS versions and still have it work. I haven't had the time, but it would be interesting to compare the versions of this file across OS versions - and try using a late version OS with this file swapped in...

Anyway - did RIM provide any more info? Is there a written comment from them on this, hearsay...?

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by vinmontRD
    Ahh! First I had heard that RIM actually acknowledged this.

Still curious why the version for O2 works when others won't...

Also curious about mbusaboi's reported experience with the 4.2.2.90 / platform 2.4.0.35 release for T-Mobile Germany (which nobody else has replicated yet?).

Still wondering whether we can also do something like swap the net_rim_bb_sbinjector_lib.cod file (that's the one that appears to have the WAP gateway / browser info in it, with references to T-Zones and several other carrier's WAP sites / gateways) from the O2 version to the other OS versions and still have it work. I haven't had the time, but it would be interesting to compare the versions of this file across OS versions - and try using a late version OS with this file swapped in...

Anyway - did RIM provide any more info? Is there a written comment from them on this, hearsay...?
    I am wondering the same thing, I will try to compare o2 with another OS and see what I can find

I'm not sure if swapping would be a good idea, I mean try it at your own risk.

No other info was given to me by RIM, they told me to just wait. I think it's a brilliant strategy by RIM tho and AT&T, to not give full functionality on non AT&T curve users. So that more people sign up for AT&T

Oh well, I guess we are just going to have to wait.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast