Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by kasperapd I get the same error on my T-Zones homepage... but my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MacFly69 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Tutorial: How to get your T-Mobile Browser. Big thanks to kasperapd!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kasperapd
    I get the same error on my T-Zones homepage... but my question is... What are you using the T-Zones browser for? I have never needed it or used it. It has been hidden on my BB since day one. The BB Browser is the only one I use for anything.

Just curious.
    to check minutes and pay my bill.

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Yes, I get the same error as well, but I do not use the bb browser at all.
    Funny thing is, my service book wap address is correct, however the wap apn gets rewritten to AT&T.
    Haven't played with it though, as I just hide that icon and use the ibrowser.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by qureshiz
    Can someone please help me? i Down loaded the desktop manager from tmobile for the 8100. downloaded the O2 software, installed it, and removed the vendor XML document file.

should i have sved the O2 file to my desktop and then removed the vendor file without running it?

when i conntect to the B desktop manager, nothing happens....
    Did you get this figured out?

To answer your questions...

1) After you install the O2 software is when you remove the vendor file (the .XML file), it sounds like you did it correctly.

2) If when you connect your BB up and run Desktop Manager nothing happens: then double click on the "Application Loader" icon, and step thru the screens clicking on "Next" until the software loads.

Hope this helps...

terp88 no está en línea Stack level 1

Many thanks to Flash and Kasperapd for the help in getting the T-Mobile browser to work on an unlocked Curve. Worked like a charm until I tried to install Google Mobile apps. After installing and rebooting my Curve, the Settings and Applications icons are missing from the Home Screen (AT&T theme), and the newly installed Google apps are no where to be found. Good news is, when I switched to a different theme, all the missing icons re-appeared.

Any idea why this might be happening, and how I can get the missing icons to appear in the AT&T theme?

agentthor no está en línea Stack level 1

I followed the instructions to the t (mobile) and keep getting the following error when I try to load the home page of either t-zones or browser:

web server/wap gateway error
    url=wap.myvoicestream.com/
    status=35(hex)

Any help would be appreciated.

***just noticed this has already been asked but no answer...
    having trouble changing my homepage too - any thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by agentthor; 07-07-2007 at 02:13 AM.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

8300 on TMO - Disappearing Browser Icon and Web Access Fix

If after doing the first instructions in this tutorial you still have browser problems, try this:

After following the instructions in the very first post in this thread, my 8300 browser worked fine for one day on T-Mobile. The next morning my browser icon had disappeared and any attempt to access the web generated a error message.

With some research I found that there was an additional setting that was carried on my ATT 8300 handset that still referenced a Cingular address, while I was trying to run on TMO.

Pick Options > Advanced Options > TCP and look at the APN settings. If your handset looked like mine, the APN settings still referenced a Cingular address. Change them to:

APN: internet2.voicestream.com

This is TMO's APN address. Then, delete the username and password so that the remaining fields look like this:

Username for APN:
    Password for APN:

Push the back button (next to the trackball), and save changes. Then I followed the final 5 steps in the original tutorial to resend service books and Host Routing Table. I am reprinting that info from the original post here:

5) Now you need to delete all service books on the device. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

Press ALT+DEL and get rid of every service book.

6) With the device still on, pull the battery and do a hard reset. Leave battery out for about 30 seconds before putting it back in.

7) Once the device boots back up, go to Options > Advanced Options > Hort Routing Table, press the menu button (button left of the Pearl ball), and select Register Now.

8) Go to the T-mobile Website and login at My T-Mobile. From there scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to Setup BlackBerry Internet Email. Now when your BIS page pulls up, there will be a link on the left hand side of the page for Service Books, click on that. It will bring up another page with a box highlighted in that says Send Service Books. Click on that.

Now be patient, and wait for about 5-10 minutes. If all goes well, you will get your Browser, T-Zones, and Setup Internet Email icons on your Curve.

Good luck and let me know if this helps any browser problems you were having.

Xclu21Sive no está en línea Stack level 1

This guide was a great help. I ran into a bit of a problem at the end with the service books from tmobile that I did not receive. My Curve is up and running, thanks to the members of pinstack.

Just so you know, in case you are having trouble receiving the service books from tmobile, make sure that when you are on Step 8:

8) Go to the T-mobile Website and login at My Tmobile . From there scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to Setup BlackBerry Internet Email. Now when your BIS page pulls up, there will be a link on the left hand side of the page for Change Device. Make sure Tmobile has your new Device Pin, because my tmobile still had my old 8700 pin. Once you change that, you will immediately receive your emails, and tmobile browser. Good Luck.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by 2-4Trippin
    8300 on TMO - Disappearing Browser Icon and Web Access Fix

If after doing the first instructions in this tutorial you still have browser problems, try this:

After following the instructions in the very first post in this thread, my 8300 browser worked fine for one day on T-Mobile. The next morning my browser icon had disappeared and any attempt to access the web generated a error message.

With some research I found that there was an additional setting that was carried on my ATT 8300 handset that still referenced a Cingular address, while I was trying to run on TMO.

Pick Options > Advanced Options > TCP and look at the APN settings. If your handset looked like mine, the APN settings still referenced a Cingular address. Change them to:

APN: internet2.voicestream.com

This is TMO's APN address. Then, delete the username and password so that the remaining fields look like this:

Username for APN:
    Password for APN:

Push the back button (next to the trackball), and save changes. Then I followed the final 5 steps in the original tutorial to resend service books and Host Routing Table. I am reprinting that info from the original post here:

5) Now you need to delete all service books on the device. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

6) With the device still on, pull the battery and do a hard reset. Leave battery out for about 30 seconds before putting it back in.

7) Once the device boots back up, go to Options > Advanced Options > Hort Routing Table, press the menu button (button left of the Pearl ball), and select Register Now.

8) Go to the T-mobile Website and login at My T-Mobile. From there scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to Setup BlackBerry Internet Email. Now when your BIS page pulls up, there will be a link on the left hand side of the page for Service Books, click on that. It will bring up another page with a box highlighted in that says Send Service Books. Click on that.

Now be patient, and wait for about 5-10 minutes. If all goes well, you will get your Browser, T-Zones, and Setup Internet Email icons on your Curve.

Good luck and let me know if this helps any browser problems you were having.

If you use jivetalk this apn setting will not work because you will get a open tunnel error.

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    If you use jivetalk this apn setting will not work because you will get a open tunnel error.

I've done the whole routine with a device wipe, install O2 OS, sent T-Mobile service books, delete PTT and unlock all themes, and install calendar patch. I also got to the point where all email and the normal browser worked, but the T-Zones home page wouldn't work (same gateway error reported in this thread). I checked the device and saw that somehow the Cingular APN was still specified. So I switched to wap.voicestream.com, with blanks for user and pswd. Took a few hours after that (maybe because I didn't do a hard reset / re-register manually?), but now the phone has perfect use of T-Mobile BIS services like email, web and WAP browsers -- and.... (ta da!) the T-Zones home page is also happy with me now. Seems like the APN was the last piece of that puzzle.

BTW: I posted this here, because I also use JiveTalk -- and it seems extremely happy even with the T-Mobile APN specified. Works beautifully for the last few days. (using AIM and Yahoo right now with it)

Only problem now is that the O2 OS apparently munches icon folders...but slowly! I can go to the trouble of selecting a theme and setting up a totally customized desktop with folders for rarely used icons... all works fine for several hours, and then, mysteriously, the folder icons start disappearing (even with Show All checked). I've searched, and a few others have seen this exact same behavior - not unique to me.

The folders are apparently still there. If you try to create a new folder with the name of one of your invisible ones, you'll get an error stating that the name is in use already for a folder.

You can change themes to one you haven't set up with folders yet, and see your missing icons. But when you change back to your "corrupted" theme, your customizations - and invisible folder problem - remain. You don't have to reinstall the OS to fix this. You can simply go into Options / Themes, select and activate the corrupted theme, and then select the option to reset theme defaults. This undoes your folder definitiions, and all icons are again visible. You just lose your customizations.

Seems that the O2 OS works fine in all respects (that I've seen so far) - except for its handling of folders. My guess is that there's a memory leak somewhere in the code that handles the visual representation of folders, since they work for several hours, but eventually disappear - errors that appear gradually quite often have to do with memory leaks.

Ah well. Have to live without folders for now I guess. Next step would be to find out why only the O2 OS for the Curve will provision properly with T-Mobile (web and email), when the other versions won't. My guess is that it has to do with the way one of the ALX files is configured. Would be great if somebody had time to compare versions and see what the differences are. There's apparently some interaction between the OS and T-Mobile's BIS server that causes T-Mobile to NOT send all the service books properly - or else they're sent and ignored by the OS on the phone (maybe a vendor specification in one of the ALX's?).

mybikeisgreen4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    This is for T-Mobile users with the Curve who are having trouble getting a browser on your device.

1) If you have the AT&T or Rogers operating system installed on your PC, go into the control panel and remove it.

2) Download and install the O2 operating system on your PC. It can be found here.

3) Find and delete the vendor.xml file. It will most likely be located at:
    C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8300-v4.2.2.67_P2.4.0.29

4) Open up your BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and plug in your Curve. It should recognize the OS you just installed and ask if you want to install it. There may also be a notice that the version you are trying to install is older than what you have, and it will ask if you want to continue. Say yes. Now while it installs this OS, be patient. It can take from 30-60 minutes. DO NOT unplug your device from the PC until everything has installed and the homescreen is back up and ready for you to use. If you do pull the plug while the hour glass is spinning, you will have screwed up your device, and it will be a nice paperweight until you can reload an OS on it. [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sean/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtml1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Now this is what I did for my Curve on T-Mobile and it worked perfectly for me. I can't guarantee the same results for everyone, but good luck!

Thanks to Kasperapd!
    Okay, I hate to ask a potentially redundant question, but I'm fairly certain that I've read every thread on the Internet in my quest to actually be able to use the T-mobile BB data services I'm paying for on my new, unlocked Curve. Since I just got the Curve, I had no previous OS installed on my PC, so I just installed the DM. I then downloaded the o2 OS, installed it on my PC, deleted the vendor–dot–xml file, connected my Curve, updated the OS (which takes forever on Vista), and that was that. Once everything was done, I ALT+DEL-eted every service book on the device. Did the hard reset. I put the battery back in, and by the time it booted up and ran the security check, the same service books that I'd just deleted were back already. Since the instructions didn't mention anything about this, I proceeded to "Register Now" on the HRT Editor menu. It said "Registration message sent!", and that's the last I ever heard from it. By this point, I was pretty sure things weren't going to work, but just for formality's sake, I went to myDOTt-mobileDOTcom and sent the service books. Nothing. Just a *No Entries* in the HRT Editor and the same service books I just deleted. Also, under TCP, it still had the Cingular bit in there, so I changed it to wapDOTvoicestreamDOTcom (no username or password). No help there. If anyone has any thoughts at all, I'd be much obliged. All the details my BlackBerry-untrained mind can come up with are listed below.
    • I got my BB on Wednesday, and I activated service that afternoon. The lady told me it could take up to 48 hours, but since I can log in to the BIS site with my IMEI and PIN and set up e-mail accounts, I think I'm all set up by now.
    • My BB is on the lowercase edge network, not the EDGE that I've read is necessary for BB service. I don't know if this is causing everything or if it's being caused by some wrong setting I've applied.
    • This just happened, but the T-zones and Setup Internet Email icons just went away. Nice.
    • Right now I have wap. voicestream. com w/o a username or password for my TCP settings. I've tried internet2 and internet3 (with all combinations of no username/pw AND my T-mobile username/pw...neither has seemed to work).
    • As far as service books, I have:
      • Blackberry Internet Browsing Service (<No Gateway>)
      • BBFS1 [BBIMConfig] (<No Gateway>)
      • T-Mobile USA WAP Transport [WAP] ( // 216 . 155 . 165 . 50 : 9201 ; 8205 / wap. myvoicestream. com | GPAK)
      • MMS Config [WAP] ( // 216 . 155 . 165 . 50 : 9201 ; 9201 / wap. myvoicestream. com | GPAK )
      • Wap Push Config [WAPPushConfig] ( // 127 . 0 . 0 . 1 : 9002 ; 2948 / blackberry. net | GPAK)
      • E-mail set up [BrowserConfig] (<No Gateway>)
      • T-Mobile USA WAP BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig] (<No Gateway>)
    • I've been able to access the T-zones homepage and the page trying to offer me the $5.99 service deal, but nothing else. The error message I get when trying to access google, etc. is : "Unable to connect to the WAP Gateway at the following address:
      • APN: wap . voicestream . com
      • IP: 216 . 155 . 165 . 50
      • Port: 9201
      • You may not currently be in an area covered by wireless data service or you may be in an area that does not allow access to the above gateway. If you are configured for more than one Browser gateway, try selecting another Browser configuration [[which, I can't BTW...all I can choose is T-zones]]. If you are still experiencing problems, contact your service provider.
    MMS doesn't seem to be working (I tried sending a picture message earlier today, but no go; the RAZR I replaced with the Curve sent one not three days ago, so it's not the service)
    I've probably given way more info than was necessary, but I wanted to be thorough. If anyone can make sense of any of the above, I'd absolutely adore you forever. Thanks in advance.

mybikeisgreen4 no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry for all the DOTs btw...I'm new, they wouldn't let me pos actual links. Sry.

rwakemanster no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F791EB

Not sure if anyone knows this but will the same technique work on an unlocked cingular 8800?

vinmontRD no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by mybikeisgreen4
    Sorry for all the DOTs btw...I'm new, they wouldn't let me pos actual links. Sry.
    Only two things that I did that you didn't do. Not sure that either is necessary. One takes very little time, and the other takes a few hours. My suggestion: try the quick idea first -

I got as far as you did at one point, and still no joy. I went back to T-Mobile's BIS page, went to the email account definitions - and deleted them (I have 3 at the moment, being forwarded to my BB). I had tried sending service books several times, and that didn't seem to do the trick. This time, on a hunch, I deleted all three first, leaving NO email accounts on the T-Mobile BIS page. Then I re-added all three email accounts to the page at T-Mobile. Then I did the routine once again deleting service books from the Curve, doing a battery pull, watching it send the registration request on power up - and THEN I resent the service books from the T-Mobile BIS page.

This time all the email and the two web browser icons came back on the blackberry.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I still got the gateway error when I tried to open the t-zones browser and have it open the t-zones home page. Changing the APN from the Cingular default seems to be what fixed this for me. Even though you've already done this, I would check once more at this point to see that the desktop manager, in its zeal to backup and restore, didn't put the Cingular settings back again. But, for whatever reason (as I mentioned earlier - maybe because I didn't force reregistration after doing this), it took a few hours after I set the APN properly - but I was then able to open the T-zones home page with no problem, as well as non-WAP sites.

Last thing that I did that you didn't (and hopefully this won't be necessary): I did a full device wipe, reloaded the OS, and then did everything else.

My suggestion: make sure your APN is right, then go to T-Mobile BIS page, delete and re-add your email account(s), delete the svc books from your BB (and do the whole battery pull / reset deal), and then resend service books from T-Mobile.

Good luck!

celldepot no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi Flash, Thanks for this life saving fix!!! However I am having a little issue. I am not sure what you mean by the AT&T or the O2 Operating System. I have downloaded the file on your link

Download the O2 accredited version of the Curve handheld code

I then followed your instructionsand under the File: /Shared/Loader Files/8300-v4.2.2.67_P2.4.0.29 and there is Nothing named Vendor.xml for me to delete.

I however jumped over to instruction 4 and learned that the Blackberry Desktop did not ask if I want to install any files.

I AM WORKING ON A IMPORTED CURVE WITH THE {C}SL LOGO. IS THAT WHY I'M HAVING THESE DESCREPANCIES??

Thank s for your reply

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by celldepot
    Hi Flash, Thanks for this life saving fix!!! However I am having a little issue. I am not sure what you mean by the AT&T or the O2 Operating System. I have downloaded the file on your link

Download the O2 accredited version of the Curve handheld code

I then followed your instructionsand under the File: /Shared/Loader Files/8300-v4.2.2.67_P2.4.0.29 and there is Nothing named Vendor.xml for me to delete.

I however jumped over to instruction 4 and learned that the Blackberry Desktop did not ask if I want to install any files.

I AM WORKING ON A IMPORTED CURVE WITH THE {C}SL LOGO. IS THAT WHY I'M HAVING THESE DESCREPANCIES??

Thank s for your reply
    You will find the vendor file by going to My computer, Drive C, Program Files, Common Files, Research in Motion, App Loader.

I suggest following all the steps and not skip any of them.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast