Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Hey Dave - just thought of a dumb question to ask you - did you ... BlackBerry Curve forum

zipped no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Tutorial: How to get your T-Mobile Browser. Big thanks to kasperapd!

Advertisement

Hey Dave - just thought of a dumb question to ask you - did you delete the vendor.xml file before loading (the one in the OS folder)?
    If not, delete this file, then proceed with the reinstall.

gfunkdave no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for your help, Zipped...I plugged the blackberry into a different USB port and it seems to be working now. Still getting that fatal error when it tries to load the Java apps after the reboot. I'm still using the command line.

Do you think that this has anything to do with the fact that there was no vendor.xml file in the O2 installation I got? I know that sounds crazy, but I could not find the file anywhere. I searched my entire computer and the only vendor.xml file was in Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader - not in the Blackberry 8300 OS install.

I am uninstalling all RIM software now and am going to reinstall the Desktop Manager and the 8300 O2 software.
    Last edited by gfunkdave; 07-02-2007 at 04:56 PM.

no, that shouldn't be a problem. You can always just delete the os folder, download the one you want to the computer, make the changes you want, then try to load again.

On the one you are loading now, did you edit your platform.alx file yourself? I would recommend you start clean. Likely there was an edit made to this form which is crashing. In addition the java folder ptt item is the only thing that needs to be erased.

I have not made any changes to any of the files in the O2 OS installation package. Should I change the platform.alx file?

But why is there no vendor.xml file in my installation? That seems really odd.

The vendor.xml file should be here:C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\vendor.xml

The original sequence should have been, install file, close desktop mgr, go to folder, delete vendor.xml

That should have taken care of that - have you double checked this folder (apploader)

Well, I'm officially an idiot. The vendor.xml file wasn't where the instructions in the first post suggested, so I left the vendor.xml in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\ alone. That was causing the problem. An hour after uninstalling everything (Vista takes FOREVER to run Windows Installer), things are looking good.

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Zipped, next time you're in Chicago I owe you a drink.

Wow, that's great. Always something small. Always nice when that app loader kicks in all the way.
    Glad it worked, have a great one!

feisty_kitten no está en línea Stack level 1

I thought the bb came with the browser installed? I will be getting my Curve next month when it's available through t-mobile in my area. I have AT&T internet though. I can't un-install it. The last time that happened, we couldn't get on the internet for awhile. What should I do? Does any of this apply to me or am I reading things wrong? Thanks

To answer the easy question, you should be fine.
    The browser is installed on every OS, however it is activated by a service book entry from your telephone provider. It all happens pretty much automatically. I would bet if you get the Tmo version, you will be fine and pretty happy.

Just out of curiousity and to clarify, you said your internet is through AT&T. What do you mean?

frjeffrey no está en línea Stack level 1

I am new to the BB world, so please bear with me.
    I have T-MO and a new Pearl. I really want the Curve.
    If what I am reading here is true, an unlocked Curve will not work properly if I simply insert my TMO Pearl SIM into the Curve?
    Am I understandingt correctly?

If so, I am probably better to wait for the TMO Curve, right?

I canot confirm TMO introducing the Curve by the locals or their Customer Service folk.

Thanks for the help!

Fr. Jeff+

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

This worked for me.... yea!
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

So you got the 8300 unlocked huh Melissa?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I sure did - I am so excited. A big thanks to cherrichiodo! I couldn't have done it without her help
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by frjeffrey
    I am new to the BB world, so please bear with me.
    I have T-MO and a new Pearl. I really want the Curve.
    If what I am reading here is true, an unlocked Curve will not work properly if I simply insert my TMO Pearl SIM into the Curve?
    Am I understandingt correctly?

If so, I am probably better to wait for the TMO Curve, right?

I canot confirm TMO introducing the Curve by the locals or their Customer Service folk.

Thanks for the help!

Fr. Jeff+
    First you need to get your BB Curve unlocked, insert your SIM, (your sim doesn't need to be in the device while punching in the unlock code) then do the instructions above and you should be good to go.

If you buy an unlocked Curve off of eBay or the sort, you can insert your current SIM and it will work fine.
    If you buy a locked Curve (to AT&T), to use your TMO SIM, you would need to have it unlocked. You can get it unlocked by a eBay seller for roughly $16.00. When you buy the code, you simply write the IMEI (go to options, status on the phone) on the payment (paypal). They email you back the instructions and code. Takes about 1 minute to do, very easy.

You can get a curve now or wait. *Supposedly* the Curve on the TMO will be released end of Aug/Sept. Additionally if it is the 8320 they release, it should have wifi on it and a 3.2 cam as well.
    Take this with a grain of salt though, no official RIM press release yet.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast