Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

This is for T-Mobile users with the Curve who are having trouble getting a browser ... BlackBerry Curve forum

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Tutorial: How to get your T-Mobile Browser. Big thanks to kasperapd!

Advertisement

This is for T-Mobile users with the Curve who are having trouble getting a browser on your device.

1) If you have the AT&T or Rogers operating system installed on your PC, go into the control panel and remove it.

2) Download and install the O2 operating system on your PC. It can be found here.

3) Find and delete the vendor.xml file. It will most likely be located at:
    C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/8300-v4.2.2.67_P2.4.0.29

4) Open up your BlackBerry Desktop Manager, and plug in your Curve. It should recognize the OS you just installed and ask if you want to install it. There may also be a notice that the version you are trying to install is older than what you have, and it will ask if you want to continue. Say yes. Now while it installs this OS, be patient. It can take from 30-60 minutes. DO NOT unplug your device from the PC until everything has installed and the homescreen is back up and ready for you to use. If you do pull the plug while the hour glass is spinning, you will have screwed up your device, and it will be a nice paperweight until you can reload an OS on it.

5) Now you need to delete all service books on the device. Go to Options > Advanced Options > Service Book

Press ALT+DEL and get rid of every service book.

6) With the device still on, pull the battery and do a hard reset. Leave battery out for about 30 seconds before putting it back in.

7) Once the device boots back up, go to Options > Advanced Options > Hort Routing Table, press the menu button (button left of the Pearl ball), and select Register Now.

8) Go to the T-mobile Website and login at My T-Mobile. From there scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link to Setup BlackBerry Internet Email. Now when your BIS page pulls up, there will be a link on the left hand side of the page for Service Books, click on that. It will bring up another page with a box highlighted in that says Send Service Books. Click on that.

Now be patient, and wait for about 5-10 minutes. If all goes well, you will get your Browser, T-Zones, and Setup Internet Email icons on your Curve.

Now this is what I did for my Curve on T-Mobile and it worked perfectly for me. I can't guarantee the same results for everyone, but good luck!

Thanks to Kasperapd!

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Re: Tutorial: How to get your T-Mobile Browser. Big thanks to kasperapd!

This really worked!

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

If you throw the O2 OS on an unlocked Curve using a TMO sim this tutorial should get the thing running with full functionality? Are there other things you need to do to get it running completely smooth?

Matthew_L84 no está en línea Stack level 3

so will this fully wipe out all the cingular stuff on the phone? I want an 8300 oh so bad. I wonder if the t-mobile 8300s will be black.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by avante
    If you throw the O2 OS on an unlocked Curve using a TMO sim this tutorial should get the thing running with full functionality? Are there other things you need to do to get it running completely smooth?

Yes, all you need is an unlock curve with a T-mobile service, follow this instruction and your good to go.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_L84
    so will this fully wipe out all the cingular stuff on the phone? I want an 8300 oh so bad. I wonder if the t-mobile 8300s will be black.
    All the media junk from ATT will be gone. Also check http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._suppress.html

To get rid of PTT and unlock all the themes.

hrm.. think it's worth picking up an unlocked curve now? or waiting for t mobile to release theres? ugh.

How hard is it to do this exactly?

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_L84
    hrm.. think it's worth picking up an unlocked curve now? or waiting for t mobile to release theres? ugh.

How hard is it to do this exactly?
    Preety easy man.. just PM me if you need further assitance.

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

It really works! I have fount a bug though. This os has issues with created folders...it likes to hide them. I have set up 5 folders. At first all is well..days later I notice the icons were off. Oh no! I'm missing a folder and everything in it. I go to the app list and the apps are there but no icons. Then one by one I loose them all. Moral-forget about your folders lol otherwise it works perfect. I have tried to reload the os 5 times and all have the same fate. Browser muncher!!!! =)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

avante no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2405C4B1

I've gone through these steps with my new AT&T unlocked curve. The problem I'm having is that when I try to look at my messeges (sms & mms) I can't get into my folder. I can check out all my email folders but when I try and get to the messages folder it gives me an error that says:

uncaught exception: net.rim.vm.AbstractMethod Error

What does this mean and how can I stop it so I can start using my new phone correctly?

I do have my browser though which is good! Thanks for that!
    Last edited by avante; 06-23-2007 at 02:11 PM.

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by avante
    I've gone through these steps with my new AT&T unlocked curve. The problem I'm having is that when I try to look at my messeges (sms & mms) I can't get into my folder. I can check out all my email folders but when I try and get to the messages folder it gives me an error that says:

uncaught exception: net.rim.vm.AbstractMethod Error

What does this mean and how can I stop it so I can start using my new phone correctly?

I do have my browser though which is good! Thanks for that!

Reboot your device

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Oh Pinstack, why have I forsaken you?
    I just got my unlocked Curve today. Then I spent about 3 hours on the phone with Tmo and RIM trying to get my browser. And in the end, in so many words, they basically told me they couldn't help and to check the online forums, which I should have just gone home and done in the first place. And as expected, Pinstack had the answer right away and I'm good to go. Bravo

PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    Oh Pinstack, why have I forsaken you?
    I just got my unlocked Curve today. Then I spent about 3 hours on the phone with Tmo and RIM trying to get my browser. And in the end, in so many words, they basically told me they couldn't help and to check the online forums, which I should have just gone home and done in the first place. And as expected, Pinstack had the answer right away and I'm good to go. Bravo

hahahah, good thing you checked

i am SO ready to buy myself an unlocked 8300.. little worried about this dropped call thing and missing folders though, any new news on that?

PIN/ID
    3319688f

I've only dropped a call once since I got my curve.. and I believe it's only happening with AT&T curve's.

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast